walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

walkjp1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What model?
EmpireTech NVR8CH-8P-2AI 8 Channels 1U 8PoE 2HDD Network Video Recorder
The only problem I am having seems to be getting Hikvision cameras to connect. It is a POE model. But is currently just connected to my home network. My cameras have separate POE switches. The cameras will be connected POE once I transfer it to my office.

Reaction score
Lost password .. Acquired HIKvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P in January. Sought to activate in January 2021, but got distracted. Now, resuming installation, but I'm getting password error. How do I do a password reset without getting the machine to recognize me as user? Router does not find HIKvision unit on LAN. If this post is in the wrong place, please say where it should be posted.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lost password .. Acquired HIKvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P in January. Sought to activate in January 2021, but got distracted. Now, resuming installation, but I'm getting password error. How do I do a password reset without getting the machine to recognize me as user? Router does not find HIKvision unit on LAN. If this post is in the wrong place, please say where it should be posted.
Try the SADP Tool to find your serial number, then use the Hikvision Password Reset Tool

Reaction score
Try the SADP Tool to find your serial number, then use the Hikvision Password Reset Tool
*Thank for prompt response to my password replacement question for a HIKvision DS-7608NI-E2/8P DVR
*The NamePlate label gives me the serial number, so I have that bit of information, but I can't find anyway to establish the date called for in the Hikvision Password Reset Tool which seems to be designed for cameras rather than DVRs.
  • Some sites suggest getting the date by looking at date shown on camera video, but unit is not yet to the point where it is displaying camera video; it is not yet linking to my LAN. I've thought about substituting a new HDD, but from what I read, the main unit retains the p/w information independent of the HDD.
  • Any other suggestions.

Correction to prior post.. Unit was first installed in Jan 2023. HIKvision-Screen (Medium).jpeg