New Member going insane

Jawsquip

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
Thank you for creating this forum. I have just installed four ZXtech up cameras with WiFi
The pictures are perfect in the daytime but foggy at night. I have scoured forums for advice and keep reading I need to turn off the IR as it’s reflecting against the dome cover. I can’t work out how to find the setting let alone turn them off!
Help!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
Thank you for creating this forum. I have just installed four ZXtech up cameras with WiFi
The pictures are perfect in the daytime but foggy at night. I have scoured forums for advice and keep reading I need to turn off the IR as it’s reflecting against the dome cover. I can’t work out how to find the setting let alone turn them off!
Help!
send that crap back...that is the best solution.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Was hoping for more to be honest...
You’re in a tough spot. You’re using a model that most folks haven’t heard of, and if you do find a way to turn the IR down, the glare may be reduced but the image is likely to be grainy when nothing is moving, and blurry when something does move.

Jawsquip

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem is dirt/dust on the domes. The picture in daytime is pretty much perfect. I’m either going to try out a light with motion detectors ( trying this week with one light with camera ) or..
Can anyone recommend some cameras for me?
I want WiFi but also Ethernet connections as that’s how I’ve got these setup now.
If I’m buying 4 new ones I might look at zoomable lenses too.
Thanks for the positive comments. I am in the uk if that helps recommendations.
Thanks
Dave

Jawsquip

n3wb
Reaction score
Avoid Wifi for cams. You'll not be happy long term.
As others said, return cams and do your research. Click the Wiki button at top of the page.
Thanks.
The wiki page from the menu? I’m just trying to see what cameras I can upgrade to