New IPC-T5442T-ZE - Potential Firmware bug?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
I can with mine using the same firmware version and works properly.
Not sure what all this means. I followed the proper steps for the firmware upgrade - but I didn't notice the time zone issue until @handinpalm mentioned it. I have another 5442 running the EXACT same firmware with no issues. I'm gonna try another factory default and see if it clears it up.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Well I was able to set it upon the initialization which I then follow up with setting my NTP server for time but now I can't seem to select it which is weird because I have another 5442 running that same firmware and it IS set.
Odd. I have no problem with mine on several of the same cams and firmware. Using latest Chrome. Mine were never on any other firmware though.

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
Odd. I have no problem with mine on several of the same cams and firmware. Using latest Chrome. Mine were never on any other firmware though.
Which version of firmware you on Mike?

mikeynags

Known around here
Reaction score
System VersionV2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-12-03
WEB VersionV3.2.1.948164

Maybe you just needed the reboot.
Yep - you may be right - I am stepping away from the keyboard and letting it ride on this version.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I've not had any issues with that version. Smart IR isn't all that great but it's never been all that great with any of my Dahuas so I set up with that in mind. Watching the firmware thread for that I'm not sure things have improved any with later versions and other issues noted have kept me from bothering to update mine.

Once in a while I'll get an IVS alert from a vehicle outside of any area that I have defined but it's rare. Like a few times over months. Could just be something about my setup/view.

Other than those 12/03 seems like a good stable version.

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
btw the latest FW is V2.840.0000000.10.R, Build Date: 2021-09-30