New IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E but can't connect

JacobBrooks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased a new IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E from Andy on Amazon. I have 5 other Dahua cameras that are running right now with no issues. I can't seem to connect to this new camera using the Dahua config tool. It doesn't even come up on the scan for me to reset the IP. I did a factory reset on the camera, and I can tell that it's being powered because the IR lights are on. But, when I scan again using the Config tool, only my 5 other cameras come up. I made sure that the IP scan range includes the default IP for Dahua cameras, but still no luck.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you running an NVR or BI?

If for instance you had plugged it into a PoE NVR it would have changed it to a 10.1.1.x address and you'll have to get on that subnet to reach it..

JacobBrooks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Blue Iris on a computer.

My computer's IP is 10.0.0.xx so I've changed all of my other IP cameras to that.

But, I can't seem to even find this new camera in order to change it.

JacobBrooks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Success!

I had to set my computer's IP to the 192.xxx default. Then I could connect in IE.

I'm able to find and connect to this camera in Blue Iris. But I don't have any option of zoom feature in BI. Is there something that I missed?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Success!

I had to set my computer's IP to the 192.xxx default. Then I could connect in IE.

I'm able to find and connect to this camera in Blue Iris. But I don't have any option of zoom feature in BI. Is there something that I missed?
Read the directions in config tool. That way you'll know the next time. You can search other IP ranges with the config tool. Just make sure the PTZ is enabled in blue Iris on that cameras tab and you can you can control it. Make sure you have the latest version of the config tool.