new ip camera issues

camenstein

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I've recently turfed my old analog dvr system and put together an ip cam system with 2 dome cameras and 4 bullets (all chinese origin).

The 2 dome cameras I installed at the front of the house have been starting to show a weird symptom and I'm wondering if anyone else
has seen this before.

The distortion doesn't show up in the cms software that came with the cameras, but it does in blue iris.
It also only distorts like this during the day. I've never had this issue with the ir/night viewing or recordings.
The fps will sit steady at whatever I have it set at for a while, then slowly drop down to 3-4 and show the distortion
that's in the video. Right afterward it will slowly creep back up and stay steady again for a while.

At first I thought it was a power issue since those cams are the longest poe runs (75 and 90 feet), but the voltage is fine and the issue only
appears to be with those cameras and only in blueiris.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've recently turfed my old analog dvr system and put together an ip cam system with 2 dome cameras and 4 bullets (all chinese origin).

The 2 dome cameras I installed at the front of the house have been starting to show a weird symptom and I'm wondering if anyone else
has seen this before.

https://youtu.be/t6ND4tVA5bs

The distortion doesn't show up in the cms software that came with the cameras, but it does in blue iris.
It also only distorts like this during the day. I've never had this issue with the ir/night viewing or recordings.
The fps will sit steady at whatever I have it set at for a while, then slowly drop down to 3-4 and show the distortion
that's in the video. Right afterward it will slowly creep back up and stay steady again for a while.

At first I thought it was a power issue since those cams are the longest poe runs (75 and 90 feet), but the voltage is fine and the issue only
appears to be with those cameras and only in blueiris.
Welcome to the forum. In blue iris go to the cameras video tab>configuration and increase the receive buffer to 20.

If that does not resolve your problem in your cameras settings match the iframe interval to the FPS...

What version of blue iris are you running?

camenstein

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, I had upped the buffers to 10 after reading a different thread somewhere, but I'll try 20 next and see if it helps.
I currently have the iframe set to as low as it would go for each camera, so I'll up those a little too and see what it does.

I'm running version 4.1.6.2 x64

camenstein

n3wb
Reaction score
increasing the buffer and iframe interval didn't seem to do much of anything for these cameras.

The only working solution I found to this was to drop the 2 suspect cameras down to D1 (704x480).
After I did that, the image quality is obviously a little worse, but all the issues of dropping frames
and timeouts went away.

Although this only seems to happen in BI, I'm thinking I just got what I paid for, cheap cameras.
The suspect cameras don't even play nice with the onvif device manager, so that says a lot too.

The other Chinese cameras I have are working flawless and I'll order a few HIK's as replacements in the
future.