New Install

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
In House Government install with 14 3mp domes and bullets. 16 Channel Eyesurv from Nellys Security(Thanks Steven Scott) All cams are powered POE from the NVR. We saved the tax payers a whopping $26,000 doing ourselves including the PC and TV for a viewing station.

wait.jpgtv1.jpgwire2.jpgCloset_Mon1.jpgdome31.jpgexit.jpg

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The government trying to save taxpayer money. Now there's a startling twist.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And we all know companies always charge 50 percent more when its the government if not more just because they will pay it sadly. No one in the GOV. has the common sense to do it right they do things with the mentality of what do i care its not my money

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
And we all know companies always charge 50 percent more when its the government if not more just because they will pay it sadly. No one in the GOV. has the common sense to do it right they do things with the mentality of what do i care its not my money
NOT where I'm working, Not all government agency's work that way. I will say the amount of checks and balances I had to go through for this job was almost a waste of my time but in the end the tax payers won for sure. You are VERY correct stating the companies overcharging in a big way but most places do not have in house people to do
the work either. My Main job is not cameras, Its one of my side projects when I get time.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Were any back doors installed?
(just kidding!)
Ha Ha I can not prove that there is not any in the system. One never knows about back doors in the firmware that the NVR's come with. Who knows that someone in mainland China is not watching. I'm not the main security czar for this peculiar network but its SAID to be locked down. I have watched these NVR's with wireshark and sysinternals (FOR SmartPss) and have seen some stuff i was not sure about but hey in this computer age we are in I tell everyone who asks me to assume that someone is watching. ;0