New install advice needed

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You may also want to test with another device...i have seen things like mobile antivirus/firewall prevent access...if you canyouseeme shows an open port then it should be working..

jschlank

n3wb
Reaction score
So today I tried using port 8000 and opened it up in both the firewall tab and Ports and Sytem Services tabs. Changed the settings on the AT&T router to open 8000 as well and set the webserver in BI to 8000. Did a open port check with canyouseeme and got the green light. But still can't get my phone to connect. Also, when I got home, I noticed there had been some triggers captured that didn't email or text to me. Does the inbound port settings affect the outgoing sms and emails as well? When I do a test of each in the alerts tab they come through to my phone just fine. But when a real trigger occures, nothing. Is there a range of ports that work better? Does BI offer therapy?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So today I tried using port 8000 and opened it up in both the firewall tab and Ports and Sytem Services tabs. Changed the settings on the AT&T router to open 8000 as well and set the webserver in BI to 8000. Did a open port check with canyouseeme and got the green light. But still can't get my phone to connect. Also, when I got home, I noticed there had been some triggers captured that didn't email or text to me. Does the inbound port settings affect the outgoing sms and emails as well? When I do a test of each in the alerts tab they come through to my phone just fine. But when a real trigger occures, nothing. Is there a range of ports that work better? Does BI offer therapy?
That is strange...if you are willing to to a teamviewer session i can log in later tonight when i get home...as far as the triggers...check you schedule and make sure it was set to alert at that time...also make sure that the user had access to the camera group...if you limited the user to certain groups the alert wont come through..

jschlank

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm open to that, but timing is going to be an issue. I'm in Dallas or CDT, and have to head out to a jobsite until around 10 pm. I work a lot of nights, hence my need for surveillance cams and the ability to watch things remotely. Let me know if that's too late or maybe we can plan one evening this weekend. I appreciate your willingness to help me get things running as they should.

jschlank

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks to fenderman, problem solved. The problem was I wasn't including the port number in the external IP address in the BI mobile app. Now everything works like magic. This is why I love these forums.