New in Box Older Hik Turbo HD DS-2CE56D1T-AVPIR3

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In the process of giving a facelift to my old analog rig I ran across this camera on FB for 20 bucks. It actually has some pretty cool specs and features if I can get it up and running without frying it. I'm just not sure how it's supposed to be powered.

There are TVI and CVBS BNCs and a terminal which I assume is for RS-485 functionality, but nowhere for power -- unless the RS-485 terminal doubles for 12V on certain models? (I wired the plug just in case that's all there is to it for this version of the camera.)

There's also an 'Alternate Power Connector' that looks like it may be intended for the terminals, but it's the the wrong gender for the camera end of a 12V power source. Then there's a mystery BNC with a tiny board connector for who knows what. The poop sheet included in the box is not much help and is all I can find online as well.

Any assistance from any old guys here who actually know what this thing is would be tremendously appreciated!

Hik Tail.jpg

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So my bad. It's actually a sister version of the D1T and is a D5T. Turns out I had both of these in the box -- which between them cover12 different variants of the same basic camera, all of which evidently fit in the same box with the same two sets of instructions and include the same accessory cables, but no explanation for the terminal connector which I'm now assuming is for 12V power as it is only a 2 lug block marked +/-? I guess I'll just hafta plug it in and see what happens.

Hik Domes.jpg

Pogo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yay! Okay, okay. Call me gun shy. I don't know squat about these old things with terminals and extra wires and stuff. The last time I fired up a NIB cam from FB was a sweet little Dahua turret that looked killer for about 15 seconds that I haven't been able to get working again since. Poof for who knows why and nobody knows anybody who might know somebody else that'll even take a stab at trouble shooting it, let alone recommend anywhere to source a power board for it. (The power board by itself kills a four channel 12V supply.)

Anyway, this Hik looks to have some potential and the OSD pops right up on my Amcrest AMDV8M8-H5 and works like a charm. The guy has anther one I may just have to snag too now that I know what that little two lug thingie hangin' there actually does.

Hik Lives.jpg

Last edited: