New iDMSS Version 4.90.000

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.. anyone getting push notifications using the 4.0 NVR firmware with the new DMSS app. and iOS ??

MakeItRain

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The DMSS app seems way better than the iDMSS app. They got the playback feature down correctly now and it is much easier to use than before. The "out of memory" problem is still there occasionally if you scroll to fast or play too much.

The preview thumbnails of each camera is a sweet feature.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DMSS app seems way better than the iDMSS app. They got the playback feature down correctly now and it is much easier to use than before. The "out of memory" problem is still there occasionally if you scroll to fast or play too much.

The preview thumbnails of each camera is a sweet feature.
The thumbnails are interesting and I wish they would list vertically rather than horizontally since I only have 1 NVR and even though I only have 8 cameras there are 16 thumbnails.

If there was a way to add favorites to the thumbnail area to avoid having to click favorites first it would be helpful and save a step of clicking - or if it would save your last view like IDMSS used to.

BUT... it’s getting better!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It does look like playback actually works!

Overall not very intuitive, still poking around to find stuff and a few things seem backassward, but it is functional which is better than the last 3-4 iterations of iDMSS

Thumbnails are interesting... not sure why mine all look the same visually ?

Once you actually find and configure a favorite, you can open the app and hit “Live” and get your last viewed set of cameras, but lacks the “auto load last view” feature which was one of the only things the old iDMSS did well...

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It does look like playback actually works!

Overall not very intuitive, still poking around to find stuff and a few things seem backassward, but it is functional which is better than the last 3-4 iterations of iDMSS

Thumbnails are interesting... not sure why mine all look the same visually ?

Once you actually find and configure a favorite, you can open the app and hit “Live” and get your last viewed set of cameras, but lacks the “auto load last view” feature which was one of the only things the old iDMSS did well...
For the thumbnails try clicking the “all” button on the attached picture and see if they now show up. The thumbnails on my pic are the ones show for cameras not attached to the NVR (for me since I only have 8 cams all thumbnails for 9-16 look like that.

As for the “live” button after that you still have to click this button (circled in my pic) to get them to populate ( at least I do). I’m not sure what that button is called.

Attachments