New iDMSS Version 4.90.000

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone update to version 4.90.000 today? Wondering if the playback of ivs events has been fixed or not with both

1) clicking the push notification and going directly to the event
2) scrolling through ivs alerts using the fast forward button after using the search function for a day and highlighting only the orange (ivs) events and have it show each ivs event of the day.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No it’s still broken. In fact it’s worse.
Now the video windows are 1/2 the size they used to be on Live View. Playback is almost worthless.

This app is just one tick away from being totally useless. Each update brings new bugs without fixing the previous bugs.

Dahua apparently can’t find their ass with both hands when it comes to apps or firmware, and as long as this has been a problem (2years) they apparently don’t give a shit.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well that's disappointing. Maybe we can make a list of issues and ask @EMPIRETECANDY to talk to Dahua engineers for us. This has been ongoing for 6 months now (since May 2019).

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Since a couple of updates ago, most of the features seem to work now, although IVS is still unclear to me. I can see the IVS markers when I choose "Normal" or "Smart recording", but I still have to go there manually. Still not sure whether this is the way to do it, maybe this is just how it's supposed to work...
Push notifications work absolutely fine for me. I receive the notification, click on the message and iDMSS takes me 10 secs before the event and plays for approx. 20 secs. It works so well, I had to switch this feature off. Didn't know so many people show up at my front door when I'm not at home :)

The cam windows used to be in 4:3 aspect ratio when I had my phone in portrait mode, since some time this is also fixed and now displays the correct AR.

Bottom line: I'm happy with the app. Only one (minor) thing they shouldn't have touched, is the progress indicators when the video streams are buffering. This now looks like a cheap toy, wish they left it the way it was.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Version # and OS?

3 Primary functions

- Live view- this works now
- Playback - works if you want to watch the whole video chunk and have that kind of time, but playback of events is broken. Sure you can “see” the event marks, but if you have multiple events try and review each one individually.
- Alerts. Had always been hit and miss

Playback, ie being able to easily jump from one Motion/IVS event to the next and review events without manually trying to move the little time line in1/64” increments with your finger that’s 10x that size is all but impossible. Has been for 4-5 releases.

JordanZ

n3wb
Reaction score
Push notifications are very sporadic...when I am on the NVR directly and search IVS events, I see numerous per day. On my phone I maybe get 1 -2 at most, and they are not even viewable, it says 'no record' despite being able to watch them on the NVR via web browser. Prior to updating the firmware on my cameras and NVR, they worked without a problem. I need to downgrade my firmware on either the NVR or cameras or both, which is disappointing because after the firmware updates I have been able to view my cameras via Google Chrome on my Mac for the first time ever.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just as a follow up I saw in a different thread a new Dahua app called DMSS (no "i") which is an update to iDMSS as iDMSS is being phased out - not sure if you all were aware

@catcamstar @TechBill @Bramboo @Shockwave199 @mando209 @usaf_pride @Wildcat_1 @JordanZ

I just downloaded it - it seems to open the cameras faster without "delay" meaning the percentages would hang for me on older version of iDMSS. Not sure about the playback of motion detection events yet as I just grabbed it.

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Really? On my end it seems okay and faster for live view - on the other version I would get stuck frequently as the percentage increased and I've noticed that again (unfortunately) it is still using only half of the screen in a vertical position) -

And yes of course the playback of motion events and smart events still does not work properly.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok live view pops in faster, but that was never a problem 90% of the time before for me. Playback still sucks which is critical.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
It also doesn’t auto recall the last view by itself when you open it like the previous idmss did. Which was one good feature

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Organising favourites is also a problem in the new app. It’s impossible, as far as I can tell, to rearrange the order of cameras in a favourite group. It makes organising cameras within a group a real pain.
As mentioned it also doesn’t bring up the last view on reopening the app which was extremely useful

Bramboo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@toolazyforalogin Thanks, I’ve been using it for some time now. Some things are definitely improved, but overal I still get a ”one step forward, two steps back” feeling, every time Dahua releases a new version...
As mentioned above, it doesn’t remember the last screen setup anymore, so you have to do the same stupid things over and over again when you start the app.

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the push notifications are working for DMSS for the i products..
I know they are for droids.. ??

toolazyforalogin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My push notifications are working for the new DMSS app (light blue icon) on iOS. My older iDMSS (still installed using version 4.31.002) is not working because I’m using an older version before the playback issue of IVS events began. Also my NVR is on older firmware (version 3 not the newer version 4) which may have something to do with DMSS working vs not working so I figured I’d include that here as well for you.