New Hikvision NVR and IP Cam Setup (Remote/Push Access help)

bogchop

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've recently acquired myself a Hikvision NVR (7616NI E2/8P), 4 dome cameras (2142FWD) and a mini dome (2542FWD). They are all running their latest firmwares.

I've managed to setup the ability to be able to connect to the NVR using the HikConnect service, via iVMS4500. However, I've noticed that push notifications do not work. I've added the device via HC, can access the cameras remotely if need be, but the alarms do not appear. I've enabled alarm alerts for the NVR device on the app.

I've gone into the individual cameras and selected "Notification Center" for events, and also on the NVR itself.

What else am I missing? I've scoured existing threads to see what the issue may be, but I'm really not sure at this point.

Thanks,
bc.

PS, on a side note, I tried adding the NVR to the app using a QR code, but the app said the QR code was invalid - any ideas why this might be? Thanks.

bogchop

n3wb
Reaction score
Managed to get push notifications working - I was setting up "Notification Center" for Alarm Input, not Motion tab (doh!). However, I have one last pressing issue.

If I'm connected to wifi and get an alert, I can live-view or do remote playback no problem.

If I'm using my mobile phone data, I cannot remote view or remote playback. Connection Failed. This is likely because the device is setup as a local IP address. However, when I try and setup a new device using Hik-connect Domain as the register mode, i get a "connection failed" message.

Can anyone help? I've searched here and googled, but cannot find anything!