New Hikvision Camera Setup - Feedback Needed

doretau

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All - I've been lurking on this forum for some time now and reading up on what I can on security cams and NVRs. I think I'm close to finally buying all the parts and wanted to get your expert advice if I have the right parts chosen for proper coverage. I'm not looking to go crazy and realize not all angles around the house can be covered but as long as the important parts all, that's all that matters. Below is rough sketch using google earth of my plans around the house.

For all of the red arrows, the thought is to purchase a Hikvision 4MP 4mm turret. Starting from the top, one will cover the front yard, one atop the main entry point, 2 will sit above the garage back-to-back covering the driveway/street. 2 will point to the backyard where there's quite a bit of people passing through on a daily basis on the trail. The only exception is the yellow arrow covering the side gate/entry where I plan to use a 2.8mm turret.

Am I on the right track? Please take a look and provide your thoughts/comments. TIA!

Attachments

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Definitely on the right track. The 2.8mm turret on the side you might be better off with a 4mm rotated 90 degrees so that the image in longer than wider if that makes sense.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Turrets won't fit on that mount. Just attach them directly to the wall and save some cash.