New guy here...Need wall mount help for Dahua HDBW4431R-ZS.

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Greetings,

I've been lurking for a while, studying but now I need some guidance.

I'm about to pull the trigger on four Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS camera's and plan to use them with Blue Iris. Two will be mounted to my Soffit/ overhang, the other two will be wall mounted.

I see that there are two wall mounts from Dahua but I can't figure out which one I should get. PFB202W or PFB203W

There is the vertical solution as well, PFA200W, but I'm not sure I want that.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm about to pull the trigger on four Dahua IPC-HDBW4431R-ZS camera's and plan to use them with Blue Iris. Two will be mounted to my Soffit/ overhang, the other two will be wall mounted.

I see that there are two wall mounts from Dahua but I can't figure out which one I should get. PFB202W or PFB203W

There is the vertical solution as well, PFA200W, but I'm not sure I want that.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
do yourself a favor and dont buy hacked china region dahua...get an international model.

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, got any links so I can compare as I don't think I would know the difference?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
+1 on the turrets, better in my experience than domes or bullets. You'll probably see Andy's name in the Dahua forum for good reason - great customer service and fast shipping.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@spoonek If you haven't bought yet, you should consider Dahua turrets as advised by @fenderman.

And if you can, consider getting a Starlight.

Dahua 2MP Starlight Lineup

Because if these cameras is for protecting your home, then getting good night time footage is the hardest. (Daytime footage is usually not an issue)

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings,

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
Welcome Spoonek,

Definitely skip the domes outdoors and get a turret form factor instead.

See #6 in my notes, ( For the Turrets there is a new model junction box which looks good. )

It's easy to get swamped with information here, so I wanted to share some notes with you

Please check out @giomania 's notes:
Dahua Starlight Varifocal Turret (IPC-HDW5231R-Z)

I have also made notes which are a summary of a lot of the reading I've been doing here,:
Looking for some advice and direction!

Have fun joining us here.

spoonek

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
do yourself a favor and dont buy hacked china region dahua...get an international model..........tons of info in the dahua forum.
I've looked on the dahua forum and all I can find are many posts by you saying there are threads on the subject. Make the effort and post up a link please, something via eBay so I have something to compare to. Help a new guy out will ya. :p

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've looked on the dahua forum and all I can find are many posts by you saying there are threads on the subject. Make the effort and post up a link please, something via eBay so I have something to compare to. Help a new guy out will ya. :p
make the effort to search, its right there...heck mat200 put it right in front of your face.