New firmware for AU NVR (DS-7608NI-I2/8P)

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I suspect that it may only relate to Aussie machines. Why Hikvision has various firmware updates for different countries I find bewildering.

allypally

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Following BTCOM's procedure (above) and with some further help from him, I am still attempting to unbrick my DS-7608NI-I2 NVR, unfortunately without much success.
After running the script the NVR is simply rebooting without running the digicap.dav file.
I have attached images of my Cmd input/output, the SADP screen confirming that the NVR IP address is 192.0.0.64, and the hikvision_tftpd file. I used Python V.2.7.14 as the server.
Can anyone assist in analysing what is preventing the digicap.dav file of executing?

Attachments

NZA81

n3wb
Reaction score
Following BTCOM's procedure (above) and with some further help from him, I am still attempting to unbrick my DS-7608NI-I2 NVR, unfortunately without much success.
After running the script the NVR is simply rebooting without running the digicap.dav file.
I have attached images of my Cmd input/output, the SADP screen confirming that the NVR IP address is 192.0.0.64, and the hikvision_tftpd file. I used Python V.2.7.14 as the server.
Can anyone assist in analysing what is preventing the digicap.dav file of executing?
Reviving an old thread... I'm stuck at this exact spot as well!! Anyone have any ideas how to progress this?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm stuck at this exact spot as well!! Anyone have any ideas how to progress this?
If SADP is showing the device as 'Inactive' - that means it's been reset to factory default settings.
The NVR needs to be 'Activated' to bring it back to normal operation.
'Activation' is achieved by creating a new admin password.

The easiest way to do this (saves having to mess with the PC IP address) is to use SADP.
Select the device in the checkbox against it on the left.
The Activate settings should appear, allowing a new password to be specified, at which point the device should show as Active.
Then - use SADP and the new admin password to change the IP address to one that is in your LAN address range.
Then the browser can be used to log in to the web GUI normally.

By the way - the Hikvision tftp updater tool cannot be used to apply firmware to I-series NVRs, as the firmware filesize is larger than its 32MB filesize limit.
If a tftp updater method must be used to apply firmware, Scott Lamb's Python2 clone does not have the 32MB filesize limit.

NZA81

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! Sorry I should have mentioned… SADP tool shows the NVR as active. I’m trying to use the Scott Lamb tool but keep getting the “unexpected bytes received (whole bunch of numbers) from 192.0.0.64” message

NZA81

n3wb
Reaction score
Update!! Removed my router and connected the laptop directly to the NVR (which was a pain but this was my last roll of the dice lol). TFTP tool found the NVR almost instantly and reflashed the firmware. All working again. Yay!!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
All working again.
Well done on a good result.
Odd though, I wonder what the router was doing to get in the way?
One possibility is timing. The NVR doesn't wait long for a response to the UDP probes it sends looking for the tftp updater. If the router takes a while for the ethernet port to become active on NVR startup and negotiate speed, the wait time might be exceeded. Speculation.