New camera system questions?!

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What’s your thoughts on this setup for home use?
You want IR at night?
I am in pretty well the same position as you seem to be. So I bought one 5442T-ZE to check out cam install locations. I then realized that in some locations, something else may work better. So I did buy one 5442 LED-S2 cam to check lit locations.
I'd say it is difficult to judge without knowing your situation. You might get more experienced feedback from the experts here if you provide more info.

camdensnyder

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You want IR at night?
I am in pretty well the same position as you seem to be. So I bought one 5442T-ZE to check out cam install locations. I then realized that in some locations, something else may work better. So I did buy one 5442 LED-S2 cam to check lit locations.
I'd say it is difficult to judge without knowing your situation. You might get more experienced feedback from the experts here if you provide more info.
On the LED 5442, can you set it up so the LED only kicks on if it’sa human not an animal or something else?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On the LED 5442, can you set it up so the LED only kicks on if it’sa human not an animal or something else?
No. The camera needs to be able to see an object. The light is either or or off.

You would need to look at the active deterrence line of cameras for that.