New Camera, Same IP Address

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I replaced a Dahua camera because the power over Ethernet wasn't working. I removed the defunct Dahua camera from my system. This was known by Blue Iris as "camera 6". I logged onto the new Dahua camera and gave it the same IP address as the one removed. When I log onto Blue Iris, I get a message that camera 6 is not working. I thought that if I gave the new camera the same IP address, I would not have to make any changes. However, it seems that I have to. My problem is that I don't know where to make these changes. I can't find where to delete the "old" camera number 6, and then add the new camera 6. I really like Blue Iris. The problem is that it works so well, I don't have to mess around with it so often that I know all its bells and whistles. So, for the time being, I am at a loss.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Right click on Old #6 and choose "Delete Camera." Then right click anywhere with the Blue Iris Console (program) and choose "Add new camera."

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You likely dont have the same password on the new cam and thats why its not working.

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I checked the username and password, and they are definitely set the same as the original camera. I use the same username and password on all of my cameras. I can log onto the camera through my web browser with no problem. I deleted the "old" camera 6 as Q2U suggested, and added the "new" camera 6. I let Blue Iris auto detect the camera, and double clicked the new camera. When I compare the settings of this new camera with a another similar Dahua camera already working with Blue Iris, they are the same. However, I still am not getting any video. All I get is the following message: "Camera6: No Signal", and "Check Port/User/Password". As I've stated, I know the username and password are correct. The port, which Blue Iris detected, is 80. This is the same for all of my cameras, since I leave them at their default settings. I am wanting to blame the camera for not delivering the video - however, as I stated, I can see the video when I log onto the cameras interface through my pc.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
User name is case sensitive...
Triple check your settings...one if them is wrong..rtsp port should be 554

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just to be certain sure, as they say in the south, I wrote the username and password on a windows notepad. I then copied and pasted, in turn, the username and password into the camera and into Blue Iris. So, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are the same. I can still easily log into the camera via a web browser and see the video. I also ascertained that the RTSP port is indeed set to 554 in the camera and in Blue Iris. Incidentally, I never change the cameras default port settings since they are internal and behind my router firewall. So, still no video. I am stumped. I know that it's got to be a setting, but which one? Adding a camera is very simple with Blue Iris. So, now I am thinking that it has something to do with this particular camera. The "old" camera was a Dahua IPC-HFW4300S and this "new" camera is a Dahua IPC-HFW1320S. I guess I'll just keep fiddling around with various setting and maybe stumble upon the right one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried using dahua rtsp instead of find inspect?

3dogpottery

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good call Fenderman. That worked. Now that I have everything working fine, I'll treat it like a Ron Popeil gadget. You know, "Set it and forget it". In the mean time, I will probably re-forget everything I had to relearn.