New camera crashes BI computer

mrvelous01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am running BI v4.6.3.0 x64 on an I7-4790@3.6GHZ CPU with 16GB ram (Windows 8.1). Last week I received a new NSC-2X8-DM EXIR POE camera from Nellys. This is now my 12th camera controlled by BI. Oddly after installing the camera the BI PC started crash/rebooting. I have a monitor plugged into the pc but when the crash happens there is nothing on the screen except the BI interface. I just hear a beep and it's rebooting.

I did the basic trouble shooting: removed all apps that were recently installed/updated and backed off to a system restore point a few weeks ago. I also removed an extraneous video card (there was an onboard video port), and replaced the power supply. Still, about every 15-30 minutes it reboots. If I delete the new camera the computer is stable. If I leave the camera defined but disabled, it is stable. As soon as I enable the camera the countdown begins...

The camera is currently configured as a Hikvision DS-2CDxxxx RTSP. I have also tried using the other Hikvision models (DS-2CD6362, DS-2DExxxx RTSP, DS-7608NI, and "other RTSP"). The Max. rate is limited to 20fps. Recording is set to "When triggered" with a 10 sec pre-trigger video buffer and Direct-to-disc recording.

BI tells me that the CPU is running at 39% and the memory usage is 2.53GB. When I enable this new camera CPU jumps to 55% and memory usage is 3.22GB.

Has anyone had any experience with this situation? Thanks!