New camera connect but doesn't show green light PoE in NVR

jounas

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! I have connected a new Dahua IPC camera to Dahua's NVR. The connection is working but slightly differently than two exactly same older IPC's. For example looking on NVR menus Camera -> PoE: Status light is red. Another weirdness in camera list is that other two cameras shows in Port section Port1 and Port2 but the camera shows Port 37777 even it is connected physically on NVR to Port3. NVR ip is 192.168.1.30. NVR switch address is 192.168.2.1. All these cameras ip address is like 192.168.2.65/66/67. And if I turn on NVR setting Virtual Host on, I cannot access to my newest camera. These two older cameras shows address NVR IP address 192.168.1.30:10000 and 192.168.1.30:10080 but the new one is showing 192.168.2.67 and nothing port? Because of this i cannot establish an connection directly to cameras own web page. Could this weirdness cause by different cat6a cable? This 3rd camera is connected using patch cabel, cat6a s/ftp.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What model is your NVR? How old?

Can you post a screenshot of the camera registration page?

Typically Dahua NVR's the PoE ports are assigned a 10.1.1.x address range, the "virtual host" by default.

Most often when you see the red indicator its because the NVR isnt using the correct password to connect to the camera. The port 37777 typically means you manually added the camera vs allowing the NVR to register it automatically by itself.

See this thread
***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

jounas

n3wb
Reaction score
What model is your NVR? How old?

Can you post a screenshot of the camera registration page?

Typically Dahua NVR's the PoE ports are assigned a 10.1.1.x address range, the "virtual host" by default.

Most often when you see the red indicator its because the NVR isnt using the correct password to connect to the camera. The port 37777 typically means you manually added the camera vs allowing the NVR to register it automatically by itself.

See this thread
***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch
NVR model is DHI-NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2. I removed this problematic camera and changed its ip address to get from dhcp. Screenshot attached. Camera isn't auto registering itself, maybe have to do some reset and try again...

Attachments

Trash

n3wb
Reaction score
NVR model is DHI-NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2. I removed this problematic camera and changed its ip address to get from dhcp. Screenshot attached. Camera isn't auto registering itself, maybe have to do some reset and try again...
Hey there. I am having same issue with same NVR on port 4. Have you had any luck. I did a reset of my connected camera at the camera (hdw3349tmp-as-led) which I have 8 off. Had to manually change it address back into range and then manually add. Done via the NVR itself. Have read the PSA but it has only raised more questions. Hoping bigredfish can shed more light on the procedure?

Last edited:

hsimah

n3wb
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same issue.

Edit: factory default on NVR & IPC's resolved this issue, I let the IPC's automatically be added.

Last edited: