New camera added to system constantly losing signal

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In a different post recently I mentioned some difficulties getting my new IPC-T24IR-AS to come online and join my 9 other cameras in BI. I finally figured it out (it was an ONVIF authentication issue), and now I can see the camera. Now it's a different problem... the camera is dropping signal constantly. When I monitor the feed in BI it looks normal, I don't see any choppiness or anything, but when I bring up the app the feed is blocked out Red and there hundreds or thousands of "No Signal" warnings noted.

The BI app also shows no signal warnings every 10-20 seconds and Network Reconnect in the log (Cam10).

I checked the cable using a network tester and it seems totally fine. No other issues with the Netgear switch that's powering several other cameras. I've tried changing the IP address which didn't help. All of my other cameras work perfectly as you can see. I tried resetting the camera to factory settings, and that didn't help. I've verified that the camera network and video settings are matching the other cameras, including main and sub streams.

I'm really at a loss here, appreciate any other suggestions. I'm wondering if I got a faulty camera perhaps?

1706453628669.png

1706453666179.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Check this.

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check this.
Interesting!! The camera does support audio, but I tried disabling it anyway and it seems like that might be the answer - no signal lost alerts in the last couple minutes (There would have been 20 by now) and the app is behaving too. Cautiously optimistic. I don't really need the audio although I might try and troubleshoot that at a later time. Thanks for the tip!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Interesting!! The camera does support audio, but I tried disabling it anyway and it seems like that might be the answer - no signal lost alerts in the last couple minutes (There would have been 20 by now) and the app is behaving too. Cautiously optimistic. I don't really need the audio although I might try and troubleshoot that at a later time. Thanks for the tip!
Even if it supports audio if you have audio disabled in the cam but enabled in blue iris it would cause this issue..
you could simply uncheck disable AUDIO loss in the watchdog tab for that camera until you figure out why BI is not getting audio or why it thinks its not getting audio.

dockdoc

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Even if it supports audio if you have audio disabled in the cam but enabled in blue iris it would cause this issue..
you could simply uncheck disable AUDIO loss in the watchdog tab for that camera until you figure out why BI is not getting audio or why it thinks its not getting audio.
Ah I see, duly noted. I will scope out the settings in the camera, maybe audio is disabled there for some reason.

Also, disable auto update...you will get burned.
I actually don't have auto update enabled - I have BI set to notify me when there's a critical or highly stable update, and then usually I wait a couple weeks before installing it. So far haven't had any major issues with that approach but I don't really pay attention to the change log (obviously).

Camera is still stable with no dropped signals, so that was certainly the problem.

Thanks again!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the updates are not addressing security vulnerabilities...the last update notes that mentioned security was version 5.2.5 - April 9, 2020. All the remaining updates are improvements and additions. Further if you isolated the system, the security vulnerability is minimized.

Because of that, most here only update when BI adds a feature you want or need. Almost every update is either adding something new or fixing a bug from a previous version that added something new.

I am still running an update version prior to CodeProject AI because my system flat out works, is stable, and does exactly what I need it to do. No need for extra headaches like this and running around troubleshooting trying to figure out what happened.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The audio watchdog should have been disabled by default...im sure hes getting hundreds of support emails.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Would this explain why suddenly about 3/4 of my cameras had the "enable audio" check box unchecked? I've had to go back and manually turn them all back on again. Audio watchdog was enabled on all cameras. Apparently no global way to turn those off either? I had to edit all 60+ cameras to disable that 'feature'...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you only run Stable BI versions, you are less likely to run into issues that are seen with the Beta versions.