New Annke C800 turret with audio?

craigscott

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone, I had ordered some but the RMA is in and they are being sent back. Ive learnt a lot in a few days (started another thread asking for help)

More learning needed before I go and spend the cash! I must say, everyone here has been absolutely fantastic!

Thanks again

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
any updates on this cam? just ordered one for $60...which Hikvision firmware have you guys put on it?
any conclusion to the model discrepancy being sold?

Msink

n3wb
Reaction score
I just received mine, 3 of them in fact. I tried updating the firmware with which is what I used on the older Annke C800 with no issues. That firmware is for many HikViioin cameras. But with the new camera with audio, the browser says 'upgrading failed'. I reset the camera and tried again, no luck. Then I formatted an SD card to FAT32 and placed the firmware on the card, inserted card into the camera, and rebooted... nothing! :/. Was hoping firmware would pick it up and update the camera. The firmware on the camera right now, as it came from Annke looks like this:
Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 1.07.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-20 at 1.07.25 AM.png

My Older C800 with Hikvision firmware looks like:

Screen Shot 2021-03-20 at 2.50.20 AM.png

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ya that’s the same one mine came with. I did read on an Amazon review that one guy said the firmware to use is the same as 2CD2383G0-I
Is that the same one you tried?
so it seems like maybe they took steps with this altered c800 to prevent firmware changes to Hik?

also didn’t care for the fact they made the housing plastic vs metal. But it was $60. What do you think of the cam? Any other ways to try and upgrade the firmware ?

Msink

n3wb
Reaction score
2CD2383G0-I is just one of many cameras that this firmware is for. It is in the list for the update I tried. I havent even looked at the image of the cam yet, just been trying to update it. Ive tried all sorts of reset button, SD card, webpage options for updating. I think they locked this one down.

Attachments

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hope you’re successful getting the Hik firmware put on. Pls let us know if you are and the method!

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Testing this cam. Major motion blur in daylight. Not very impressed. Any settings I should change? Any Amcrest or anything I have seems better than this so far

kuzco

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do not want to hijack this thread, but please let me ask a question.
Does someone has found a hikvision firmware for the C500. At the moment I am running 5.5.100.
Have tried IPC_G1_EN_STD_5.6.5_200316 via the WEbUI, but it does not work.
devType = 0x23a04

Update: Have updated the C500 from 5.5.100 (Annke) with HikVision 5.5.114 and also HikVision 5.5.116

Last edited:

ar786

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello forum members!

I recently ordered a few Annke C800 turret cameras from the Annke store but they sent me something different. Instead of model i91BF I got i91BM. I can't find anything online about it, including in the Annke site. It looks nearly exactly like a C500 turret camera except with a small microphone hole in the illuminator ring that surrounds the lens. Annke support hasn't yet provided me a specifications sheet and I can't find an equivalent Hikvision version on the US website. It does have a 4k resolution 15fps video setting in the web gui.

Does anyone on here know what the Hikvision equivalent is or have experience with this camera?
Just an update to this thread I have updated the new version of the c800 successfully with Hikvision firmware. IPC_G5_EN_STD_5.5.111_201223

Hope this helps.

Msink

n3wb
Reaction score
What does the Audio section look like? Everything still works? Would be nice to 5.6 installed!

CenterDev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Outstanding! Thanks for the update.

Can you tell if Annke disabled anything with its firmware?

DATAstrm

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you see anything different with the updated firmware? Does it, for example, somehow enable h.264 support? I'm having a heck of a time getting smooth playback with h.265.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What do u guys think of the camera video quality out of the box in daylight? Seems very mediocre to me

ratudio

n3wb
Reaction score
What do u guys think of the camera video quality out of the box in daylight? Seems very mediocre to me
Seems fine to me. It is likely you using substream rather than primary one. I thought it was issue with the cam until i release it was using the substream. Also, I disable the infrared in my case since it has no issue low light as long my pouch light is on.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if i put the Hik firmware on it and decide to return the camera is it easy to put Annke firmware back on?