New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks icpilot (although you posted the same pic twice ).
In the meantime I have found this on YouTube and it results in pretty much the same settings.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
FWIW - we have found some serious issues with this Youtuber's Reolink videos .. so do be aware we have low levels of trust with his content.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi - is there an IP whitelist if i want to use this with BI but also have the cloud (Alexa) stuff as well?

Or is the camera being linked to Alexa the same as the camera being wide open to the internet?

99ls1tj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have this camera and it's frequently dropping the wifi signal. I have to turn off the breaker to the doorbell to reset it. I have the ip address set manually or static. I'm using BI, but I'm not seeing on my router connected devices when it drops off BI. Any suggestions? Thanks

Also wanted to add, I cannot bring up the menu for the camera by typing the ip address in my browser.

Last edited:

yghujnkl

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to remove the "Amcrest" watermark / logo from the stream via API / HTTP command?

iframe commands and LED commands worked great!

Last edited:

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, continuing to make progress.

Can't take all the credit for this; the folks who did the Amcrest2mqtt addon parsed out a lot of stuff from the AD110 api and it appears to work the same for the AD410.

Warning: perfectly good, but wonky, workaround ahead!

So to enable the ring button light without having it do a little blinky-dance when it can't detect internet access, issue this:

http://ip:address/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VSP_PaaS.Online=true

Which as you can probably guess from reading force sets the Amcrest Cloud service as online even if it actually isn't. Do this (and make sure you re-enable the light per my instructions above if you disabled it) and it'll work like it should - solid light (that circles for 10 seconds when rung), doorbell chimes work, all appears normal. At this point you might think hell, a video doorbell with dual-band wifi, constant power, Onvif support, h.265 and WDR, with better than average 4mp video, that doesn't need to be connected to the internet and has a feature-rich local API exists. Hooray!

....Except it is never that easy. Present in the config is the url for an update server and neither the Amcrest2mqtt folks or myself can find a way to disable it. What happens is, every 24 hours the doorbell does an update check and if it can't reach the update server....you guessed it, it resets the config you set above back to false and you've got a spinning doorbell light again.

If you are using Home Assistant, you can automate this really easily - poll the API every 30 seconds (or whatever) to see if VSP_PaaS.Online is true or false and if it's the latter set it back to true. This is what I and others have done/are doing and while it is stupid to have to do it it works. If you aren't running automation, or what you're using won't let you do this, this would still be a pretty simple script to create.

Some other interesting commands:

If, for whatever reason, you can't block it from the internet or don't want to do so completely but don't want some of the p2p crap running anyway you can disable services like so:

Code:
http://ip:address/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&T2UServer.Enable=false

http://ip:address/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VSP_PaaS.CustomEnable=false

http://ip:address/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&VSP_PaaS.Enable=false
Per AD110 users who've done this, if you do the first two but leave the last one as true you will not only not have the spinning light problem/workaround to deal with but the Smart App will still work for configuration. It won't receive video or remote notifications but it also appears to block the p2p crap. It will also still check for updates. Myself, I don't want it on the internet at all, but some might find this easier to live with.

Anyway right now I am finishing integrating the button presses, etc. in to my Home Assistant config. I'll post if something interesting comes up again.
I tried the 3 commands and as soon as Im done with them, the doorbell disconnects from the app.. I get "Your Device is Offline".

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh..so the doorbell basically becomes a camera.. meaning if someone rings the doorbell, I won't get any notification?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
oh..so the doorbell basically becomes a camera.. meaning if someone rings the doorbell, I won't get any notification?

yes, unless u set up some other pushover triggers or somthing from other 3rd party app or piece of software

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
oh wow.. that sucks.. the reason I got this is to replace my Ring doorbell Pro so I can use the RTSP and disconnect the doorbell from the internet..haha.. jokes' on me then.

Buddy17

n3wb
Reaction score
So I am looking for doorbell cams and thinking this actually may work well for me because of my simplistic use case. When we moved in our house, we disconnected the doorbell chime because it was from the 80's and looked terrible. We live in a rural setting on a dead end road, so we never get people at our door except for deliveries. We haven't had a doorbell in 5 years but I would like to get cameras at each door (three doors currently have doorbell switches). It seems like this would work well for me on my blue iris system with the cameras all isolated from the internet via a 2nd NIC since I don't care to have a doorbell anyway. Am I wrong in making this assumption? Is there anything else i'm missing or is there a different camera-only "doorbell" I should be considering?

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Lorex 2K as the AD410 is not available for sale in Canada. As I was looking for cube camera options, I found this site that has both the cube camera as well as this doorbell camera: Imou | Enjoy Smart Life
Looks like it's the same hardware packages OEMed from yet another partner.

I imagine the API commands are only on the Amcrest units running the Amcrest firmware, and not the other 2 OEMed versions - looking for a way to get rid of the Lorex logo...

TY

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The CGI/API commands I posted earlier are the same for Dahua cameras as Amcrest, so I would think they should be accepted on the Lorex. It's true that Amcrest modifies the Dahua firmware to some extent - particularly to adapt it to their SmartHome app. Things like push notification events, cloud servers (AWS) are different. Vast majority of the API are the same.

You might also try using an NVR or the SmartPSS app to see if either provides the option to remove the logo. In SmartPSS, under the settings/gear icon, look under Camera / Encode / Overlay. On my AD410 it shows options to toggle or change or position the Channel name and Time.

Last edited:

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@GaryOkie thanks for this,
I will give it a go tonight when I have a bit more free time. I did email Lorex to ask about this, never heard back anything.. yet.
I did see it posted in here, but I also downloaded the API PDF file, so will also look through there!

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone know if any videos are uploaded to the cloud automatically?
I haven't set cloud yet, but just want to know if the videos are still uploaded in case I enable cloud storage through the app.

What I am trying to get to is... let's say I enable cloud storage now... does that mean that only the motion alerts that occur after I enable cloud storage will be in the cloud or will all previous motions alerts be there as well?

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ask because I know with Ring Doorbell, whether you pay or not for the cloud service...clips are still uploaded..they just not become available for you until you pay.
So I wanna know if this is the case as well with Amcrest.. I want to know if clips are still being uploaded even though cloud storage has not been activated yet.

macster2075

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Got it, that worked well to adjust the key frame. I’ve never done that before!

Now, I need to find out how to configure the sub stream in BI and I’ll be set.

UPDATE: This worked for me...
View attachment 95815
I used this setting, but noticed the quality was worse.. .is this supposed to change the stream quality at all?

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I used this setting, but noticed the quality was worse.. .is this supposed to change the stream quality at all?
So the sub stream will be lower resolution. How does the stream look using UI3?