New Amcrest AD410 doorbell Cam Review

Reaction score
You did the right thing contacting Amcrest. I would get an RMA going with them on the condition they can provide one without this defect. Their RMA department may not be set up to do this, but given the prevalence of this issue, they need to recall the whole lot and start inspecting them before sale.

Please reply back how Amcrest Support is addressing this.
Well, they did issue an RMA, but told me they were "unable to offer a replacement at this time." So, I returned it to Amazon and got a replacement. It has the same issue of course. As soon as the Reolink Wifi is in stock I am returning this second Amazon doorbell and getting the Reolink.

GaryOkie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks Bret for replying with Amcrest's RMA response. A guy in another forum said he got the same reply. He also said that masking off the sides a bit removed the glare for his AD410 too. Hope you can get your Reolink before the return window ends.

cybermage

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, they did issue an RMA, but told me they were "unable to offer a replacement at this time." So, I returned it to Amazon and got a replacement. It has the same issue of course. As soon as the Reolink Wifi is in stock I am returning this second Amazon doorbell and getting the Reolink.
Well that tells me they got an entire batch that are fubar, and don't have any good ones to ship out. I'm not surprised, especially with manufacturing the way it is in China lately. I've been traveling so just submitted the RMA. We'll see what response I get.

cybermage

n3wb
Reaction score
And as I expected this was my RMA response:

"Please note that we are unable to issue any replacements for this item."

They will of course refund it.

waterside

n3wb
Reaction score
And as I expected this was my RMA response:

"Please note that we are unable to issue any replacements for this item."
It sounds like they have realized that this is more than a handful of units affected and that replacing them is unlikely to resolve the issue, at least for now. I was able to obtain replacements initially but each was worse than the unit it replaced, so ended up with a refund. Part of me wishes this was known a few months ago but in the end they still did the right thing.

piggyman

n3wb
Reaction score
I sent an email to Amcrest. They simply give me a link for RMA. However, I am living in the UK. It is not cost effective to do the RMA at all.

Luckly, having cybermage's solution, the problem has been resolved. A little pieces of PVC electric tape can save the cam from trash!! Amazing at all.

Keeping try-n-error, I made my doorbell working as expected. I have to use the tape to cover 1/4 IR light in the right side of the lens.

Attachments

Justageek

n3wb
Reaction score
Installed my 410 yesterday, same IR issue. Device dated 6/2022 purchased from Amazon. Will attempt an RMA and the IR lens tape fix.

[EDIT] The tape fix worked perfectly. Amcrest said they are unable to issue a replacement and suggested I return to Amazon. So now I'm not sure whether to play the return lottery with Amazon or just keep my modified unit. :idk:

Last edited:

BatcaveBB

n3wb
Reaction score
I wonder if there can be a more “permanent” fix? I don’t mind keeping it and doing a fix but don’t really want some odd tape showing.

maybe black sealer, a very very thin amount between the black and lense. Or something else can can fit over the entire lense almost like a phone screen protector.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Installed my 410 yesterday, same IR issue. Device dated 6/2022 purchased from Amazon. Will attempt an RMA and the IR lens tape fix.

[EDIT] The tape fix worked perfectly. Amcrest said they are unable to issue a replacement and suggested I return to Amazon. So now I'm not sure whether to play the return lottery with Amazon or just keep my modified unit. :idk:
just return it and wait for the reolink,

statmux

n3wb
Reaction score
For those who are in the process of RMA'ing their AD410s and have received a notice from Amcrest support that they cannot RMA at this time and are offered a refund. This is what I received from Amcrest today after some back and forth after their initial response regarding the RMA of one of my AD410s with the night vision glare issue. Initially they indicated they could only provide a refund:

Nia
(Amcrest)
Jan 30, 2023, 7:09 PM CST
Hello Samuel,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

We have informed our manufacturer of this issue and have taken necessary preventative measures.
We recently received a new shipment of doorbells that are clear of this issue.
Please let me know if you prefer to proceed with a replacement instead of a refund.

We were unsure of the shipment ETA, which is the reason we offered a refund instead.
We do have the units in stock now and will be happy to provide a replacement if preferred.

Let us know how you wish to proceed.

Thank you for being a valued customer!

Kind Regards,
Nia

fennec62

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I do error to update my ad410 with last firmware v.20221201 now I can't have access to event

/cgi-bin/eventManager.cgi?action=attach&codes=[All]
not authorizing

So I search to downgrade with firmware v.20210220

But I don't find, someone have a firmware ?

Thanks in advance

Justageek

n3wb
Reaction score
just return it and wait for the reolink,
Based on the post from Statmux, I ended up ordering a new one directly from Amcrest while still within my Amazon return window. Received one dated 8/2022 and confirmed it did NOT have the IR bleed by testing in a dark closet (using a connected battery pack). Installed and all is working fine. Returning the defective unit to Amazon today.

fennec62

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes
I search firmware everywhere but nothing ....
I wait for email Monday I think from Eli I hope

fennec62

n3wb
Reaction score
I see that no public

perhaps on discord I see user on scrypted server but for the moment no answer

statmux

n3wb
Reaction score
Based on the post from Statmux, I ended up ordering a new one directly from Amcrest while still within my Amazon return window. Received one dated 8/2022 and confirmed it did NOT have the IR bleed by testing in a dark closet (using a connected battery pack). Installed and all is working fine. Returning the defective unit to Amazon today.
I can also confirm. I just received my replacement unit from Amcrest (Manufacture dated Dec 2022) and it does not have the night vision issue.

atmelton

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can also confirm. I just received my replacement unit from Amcrest (Manufacture dated Dec 2022) and it does not have the night vision issue.

Add me to the list as I also just received an RMA unit from Amcrest and the IR glare issue has been fixed!

remlemasi

n3wb
Reaction score
I know this is probably somewhere in the thread, but how do we find the manufacturing date?