never again Dahua! Support form "send" button defect, no answer with email

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just to confirm, for mere consumers, it is nearly impossible to get any support. Unfortunaty this is true for distributors and web retailers as well. So it is plug and pray. I would assume/hope things like DOA's are handled according to local consumer laws.

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The point is: yes bought from an authorized reseller, however in my case: no support for firmware nor for software.

JacquesT27

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm going to add my feedback to the Dahua support issue for our market (Southern Africa).

Dahua explicitly stated that they will not provide support to end users.
Currently, the chain of communication is as follows. End user -> Installer/Retailer -> Distributor -> Dahua.
If you are an end user that bought Dahua products from a retailer, the retailer is responsible for providing support.

In rare cases where the retailer cannot provide support (Mostly due to grey imports) the end users will have to find a list of distributors from Dahua's website and contact them. The distributors will then refer the end user to the installers in their area.

JK747

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good explanation of the Dahua distribution channel! The root cause of the problem is simple: the only party who can fix bugs, is actually the OEM. What great looks like: some transparency in reported bugs, the release roadmap for fixes published and a clear end of support date for a device so you can optimize your buying decisions. Finally there are customer suggested improvements. Unfortunately I have not observed any of the above in action....
Case closed.

StevenFromTexas

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If this topic became a movie, someone would hang garlic around it, subject it to sunlight, sprinkle holy water on it, fire a silver bullet into it, drive a wooden stake through it, slam the coffin shut, set it on fire, and bury it deep. Just a suggestion. :idk:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL despite how many times we share what the business model is of Dahua or Hikvision and how we don't fit into it, there are people that don't believe it. And then they experience it themselves and then attempt to badmouth them.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
They've defined their business model, and that's what the built their business on. I do not see any problem with that.

They were not the first, and they will not be the the last.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
They've defined their business model, and that's what the built their business on. I do not see any problem with that.

They were not the first, and they will not be the the last.
Yes but, but …. I should be given special treatment!

I’m not a Costco member and guess what, I don’t go charging in their store demanding that they bend their rules.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
We are not the Target market...we are the Sheeple,,,,,we must call a security company and pay crazy prices for mundane cameras and a monthly support fee to the Security comapny ( Business model)