m1955ike

n3wb
Reaction score
any way to make a hikvision nvr pick up network ip cameras via its lan port

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
any way to make a hikvision nvr pick up network ip cameras via its lan port
Sure, just ensure the camera IP addresses are in the same range as the IP address of the (unspecified) NVR LAN port, and add them manually via the web GUI, or if it's something like a 7608NI-E2/8P pick an NVR channel and 'Modify' it to apply the camera IP address.
And if the (unspecified) cameras are Hikvision, use SADP to find and set the IP address.
And if not Hikvision cameras - choose 'ONVIF' as the connection protocol.

m1955ike

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in a bind I have 6 cameras that need recording in a wired network but NVR has only 4 Poe ports & a lan port, 3 could direct connect via Poe ports but other 3 are via a switch

m1955ike

n3wb
Reaction score
If I return 4 port NVR for 8 port NVR would I now be able to access 6 cameras via the lan port

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If I return 4 port NVR for 8 port NVR would I now be able to access 6 cameras via the lan port
The number of ports is irrelevant...It's the channels that matter...How many channels is your current NVR?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI replace this NVR with a 16ch, buy an 8ch and you'll be back in this boat again with another 3 cameras.. buy far more channels than you think you need now and you wont run out later when all your plans go to shit.

I started off with 4 cameras and not thinking i'd really install more than 8, now I have 13.. glad mine's 16ch.