Network Books or Videos

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a set of networking book that will help with cctv installs. Setting up switches and bridges and wifi extenders?

MC1987

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You would be better looking for guides and manuals specific to your product. Books on networking wont really explain this

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Okay I will see if Dahua have anything. I also know we fit some WiTek.

10Gauge

n3wb
Reaction score
Not quite sure why you got that response, but Yes, setting up switches and bridges and extenders IS exactly about networking. Do know that 'Networking' is a very deep rabbit hole. Entire careers are spent on specific parts of it.
There are tens of thousands of books on the subject, but simply searching YouTube for the term, should get you at least the fundamentals. Start with the OSI model and linger on PoE, QoS and VLans

RDB85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not quite sure why you got that response, but Yes, setting up switches and bridges and extenders IS exactly about networking. Do know that 'Networking' is a very deep rabbit hole. Entire careers are spent on specific parts of it.
There are tens of thousands of books on the subject, but simply searching YouTube for the term, should get you at least the fundamentals. Start with the OSI model and linger on PoE, QoS and VLans
Any Channels that you would recommend? Or books to get started with.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score