Nellys ESIP-PTZMINI12X-1080p

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looks like they sell it for 532.00. I could do 500 shipped, or 950.00 shipped for two.

Clipboard34.jpg

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That thing is pretty neat. Mini outdoor PTZ.

Has it been reviewed somewhere?

I guess it does not (yet) exist with IR? So separate illuminators required.

( I've found a bigger outdoor 2MP PTZ for ~$650 with IR, but it is on an arm and not POE, and no reviews yet (that I saw at that time) ... oh, just saw one for $480 also no-brand :( Time for some bigger guys to step into this part of the market and drive the size and the price down ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You cannot have IR's inside a dome PTZ becasue the IR's will reflect off the dome. Fixed dome cameras have rings around the lens so the IR's do not leak into the lens. The PT's with IR's are always external just like every dahua ptz with IR's. I have the dahua 12x mini dome up and running on a friends house and if someone is serious about a purchase, I could let them log into it. As long as there is some sort of lighting around, the camera works great at night.

icerabbit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, Vector, I know about the issues with IR LEDS inside domes (or behind glass) and so yes, the IR setup has to be separate so that the lens can zoom & focus without light bleed / blinding.

I saw they even have ones with little wipers now :)

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The ones without IR's still have some sort of night vision though. It does turn B&W when it's dark. If I had an area where it was very dark, I don't think I would install this camera though. It would be very hard to light up an entire viewable area of a PTZ with external IR's.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Nelly's offers free shipping on orders over $500. So it would be a flat $532. Regardless, Vector drives the best deal!

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ryan but I want Nellys to sell the camera that Vector has!!!

It does look pretty sweet

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Vector I want the dome camera with IR that networkcameracritfic showed and the one that you have for sale in the classifieds I meant. Once the job opens up I will buy one either way

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not to pressure you or anything, but I'm getting a lot of interest in them and when I order them, they don't arrive for a month or more. IMO, the black face one is Dahua's nicest ptz to date.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The black face is nice.

Thing I am worried about is warranty replacement or repair. If I buy from a local company I can have it fixed or replaced as soon as possible. You know how it is when a camera goes out...sometimes the client gets in a hurry to get it fixed :)

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The black face is nice.

Thing I am worried about is warranty replacement or repair. If I buy from a local company I can have it fixed or replaced as soon as possible. You know how it is when a camera goes out...sometimes the client gets in a hurry to get it fixed :)
Totally understandable. That's why I do not try to sell my overstock to make much money, just to recoop what I pay for it when I buy in bulk and more than I need. Anyone can decide if they want to
save some cash and take a risk that the camera will last for a long time, or spend more money and get the warranty. So far, I have not one Dahua camera or PTZ fail on me for over 2 years of constantly installing Dahua.

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Nelly's just got the Dahua Auto Tracking PTZ installed outside of the store. Def. improvements from years ago when they couldn't decide on which object to track. Depending on further performance Nellys will probably be carrying that one soon, unfortunately, still no IR and it hasn't gone full black face. :smilet-digitalpoint

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Well please show us a video of the tracking and if possible, explain the parameters that fine tune it. That would be much appreciated!

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the black face 2mp 30x PTZ up for demo if anyone wants to log in and check it out. PM me for log in info. Thanks.

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is a photo of the cameras installed. Yes I'm sorry its a bit late.

20140514_182156.jpg