Need to reset DVR

Paul S

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I need assistance to reset my DVR. I upgraded my router for my internet and now when I view my camera on remote wifi I can’t see nothing. The company I purchased And installed the Hikvision camera system wants to charge me $120 just to fix the problem. The a tech put a password on, if I could just reset it then I don’t need the idiot anymore.
Thanks !!

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Did you ask the company for the password? If so, what did they say? Are you paying maintenance to them? If not and they are refusing to give you the password, I'd suggest never doing business with them again. In order for anyone to assist you further, you really need to provide more information like the model number of the NVR you are using.

Paul S

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Did you ask the company for the password? If so, what did they say? Are you paying maintenance to them? If not and they are refusing to give you the password, I'd suggest never doing business with them again. In order for anyone to assist you further, you really need to provide more information like the model number of the NVR you are using.
I’m already reported this company to BBB also the model I have is AR104-4

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’m already reported this company to BBB also the model I have is AR104-4
A Google search for that model number does not bring anything up. Did the installer not provide you with a user manual? Who is the manufacturer of the DVR?