Need suggestions on Camera Setup?

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right now I have two Eufycam Cameras in my Shed. They are Wifi. I am beaming my Wifi signal from my house to my Shed using 2 Ubiquiti Nanostations, 1 TX and the other TX.
I also have a spare router set up as an AP,so I can actually connect devices to it for internet access.

Now If I install two Poe cameras using a POE switch that is connected to the AP,will that work or would it just cause issues and not be any better than trying to use the Eufy wifi cameras?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You're lucky the WiFi cameras are working regardless of how they link back to your house.

I have a Nano station link set up with a PoE switch in an unheated shed. Two cameras, one 4MP and one 2MP, are on that switch and there is no problem at all. As with everything, YMMV. If I were you, I'd connect the switch to the Nano and the AP to the switch.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're lucky the WiFi cameras are working regardless of how they link back to your house.

I have a Nano station link set up with a PoE switch in an unheated shed. Two cameras, one 4MP and one 2MP, are on that switch and there is no problem at all. As with everything, YMMV. If I were you, I'd connect the switch to the Nano and the AP to the switch.
I actually get pretty good signal out there. Guess sometimes you get lucky.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm going to try it. I've got to get a POE switch. I forgot that I have two Hikvision cameras that I may could use,just not sure what the model is. If not,I'll grab two to use.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Just remember that the Ubiquity Nano uses a proprietary PoE and don't try using that for any cameras or the PoE switch to power the Nano.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Can't say I'm a fan of BVTech switches. Mine lasted just over a year. Weak switching power supplies in them.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm,I may have an issue. I believe the Loco only has a LAN port,how would I wire things up?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The Loco has one RJ45 port that goes to the power adapter. The power adapter has a LAN port and a PoE port that goes to the Loco. Plug the Loco into that one and the switch into the LAN port of the power adapter/transformer/wall wart.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I had eleven cameras on a 16 port and it would never come up under load, not even the load of two cameras let alone eleven. It died with a momentary power outage. I even opened it up and checked the fuses and they were fine, power coming in but nothing coming out of the power supply. I'm using an IPCamPower now and it has a real transformer supply and comes up with a fourteen camera load with no problem at all.

Scooby7274

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What about my AP that does the wifi? I believe I have it plugged into one of those ports. I would have to check,been a while. I'll just have to look,I rather have some sort of image or diagram in my head.