Need Recommendations For NVR...

developer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello All. I need a recommendation for a Hikvision and ONVIF compatible NVR with a snapshot feature.

What I require is the ability to review video at the console (scan/jog) to a particular day/time/frame, pause and manually save a snapshot out to a usb thumbdrive or network NAS.

Right now I have to do that using a cell phone off the display monitor, which is ridiculous, inferior quality and I don't want to have to access the current NVR (Hik 7616) with yet-another hikvision app (i.e. IVMS) to do this. I just want a simple replay, find, save/export feature.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have an existing Hik NVR then any replacement Hik NVR will require the same apps and programs that you are doing now unless I am misunderstanding what you sre doing?

Why don't you instead use a computer and open a web browser and type in the IP address of the NVR and use the NVR and camera GUI which will probably provide you exactly what you want.

developer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you have an existing Hik NVR then any replacement Hik NVR will require the same apps and programs that you are doing now unless I am misunderstanding what you sre doing?

Why don't you instead use a computer and open a web browser and type in the IP address of the NVR and use the NVR and camera GUI which will probably provide you exactly what you want.
The playback on the NVR console is fast and easy. With a browser and this NVR, I have to use IE with a patch and it does not let me playback as easily. In fact, it's downright difficult. Hikvision leaves out one of the most important features of an NVR (snapshot), so I am looking for other brands.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Consider making the jump to Blue Iris as most NVR functionality will be similar.