Need Recommendation

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I need an (affordable) external PTZ with wifi capability, there is no way for me to get (short of a fiber run) a network connection to the site of this camera. 2MP is sufficient, low light is not necessary, principle use is daytime.

I've looked around the current offerings for Hikvision but they changed the layout of their site and I now find it confusing as hell trying to find something.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's one possibility, I'd prefer to stay with hikvision if possible.

I'm going to use a directional wifi antenna at the base station to get a signal out to the camera. Worst case, if I have to, I'll do a two-yagi directional bridge. It is about 500 feet away.

Tolting Colt Acres

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
LIke I said, its a possibility, but it would require me to get an external NEMA enclosure at the camera location. The "easiest" solution is a wifi PTZ. I'm not concerned with the optical zoom. Its to supplement, with an image, a weather station reporting into WU and CWOP. I need ONVIF support so I can pull an image from the camera and send to WU.

The FOSCAM FI9928P might fit the bill.

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You would be way better of using radios like Ubiquiti M5 than WiFi. The WiFi is not reliable. And as Prinier said you can use any camera you want. An enclousre for the radio power supply would be very inexpensive.