Need Recommendation for Outdoor PTZ IP Camera

Zepp

n3wb
Reaction score
For several years (on a seasonal basis) I've used a cheap Loftez PTZ camera in a remote, solar powered location. The video quality is poor, as is the reliability. I'm looking for something with better quality and a straightforward installation. The camera needs to accommodate a dynamic DNS. (Already setup in the Loftek with dyndns.org.)

The camera monitors a net pen with juvenile salmon moored in a harbor. In the installation, the camera is powered by a 12VDC battery (but could be 24VAC as I have a 30W inverter). I have a pair of Ubiquiti NanoStations that form a virtual CAT5 cable to a land station and router. I use Blue Iris at my home to monitor the camera and stream the video to other users.

• The camera would need a wall or pole mount.
  • HD video is preferred.
  • IR illumination not desirable because of limited available power.
  • PTZ is required.
  • 90-100 degrees field of view at wide end of zoom desirable, but not required
  • minimum of 10X zoom
  • compatible with Blue Iris
  • <$700, lower is better

Thanks in advance.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua Black Face PTZ sounds like a good candidate, mine's been running non stop for a couple years on the most exposed corner of my house w/out as much as a hickup.

this would be the updated version of mine, up to 4MP from my 2MP.. but mechanically the same: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-4Mp-PTZ-Full-HD-30x-Network-IR-PTZ-Dome-Camera-H-265-with-logo-SD59430U/32657897867.html

IR can be disabled, and it can record to local SD while you go to BI.. so incase the network goes down you still have the last days video saved locally.. you can find the 12x or 20x version which has a wider FOV, but I dont think either get close to 90 degrees.. it does have built in DynDNS client.

it will run off either 24vac or 12vdc or poe+, this is one of the best quality PTZ's ive encountered and Ive had access to a good share of commercial ptz installs.

Last edited by a moderator:

smoothie

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is a great looking camera. I will be picking one up in the next several months.

angelojoanos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dahua Black Face PTZ sounds like a good candidate, mine's been running non stop for a couple years on the most exposed corner of my house w/out as much as a hickup.

this would be the updated version of mine, up to 4MP from my 2MP.. but mechanically the same: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-4Mp-PTZ-Full-HD-30x-Network-IR-PTZ-Dome-Camera-H-265-with-logo-SD59430U/32657897867.html

IR can be disabled, and it can record to local SD while you go to BI.. so incase the network goes down you still have the last days video saved locally.. you can find the 12x or 20x version which has a wider FOV, but I dont think either get close to 90 degrees.. it does have built in DynDNS client.

it will run off either 24vac or 12vdc or poe+, this is one of the best quality PTZ's ive encountered and Ive had access to a good share of commercial ptz installs.
How is the night pitcure quality? Im also looking for a nice PTZ..THX