Need PTZ hikvision with wifi and smart tracking/auto tracking

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@johnfitz its needed update the firmware of the cam? Im very happy with the smart tracking

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@johnfitz its needed update the firmware of the cam? Im very happy with the smart tracking
Howdy @trap3d

Great to hear it’s working well… I don’t think you should take a chance updating the firmware, but let me know what firmware is on your camera now and I’ll check a little further

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As soon as I got my camera, I updated it to the latest R7 series firmware I could find V5.6.18 build 210622... as far as I know it's working as well as it could, and some minor (or major?) vulnerabilities were addressed by the firmware update. I doubt that the camera functionality changed much due to the update.

So, I was going to see if I was able to load that same firmware you have that came on the unit originally, but although there are lots of old firmware versions for the R7 series cameras, I can't find that specific one.... my intention was to see if the older firmware can be loaded back after newer firmware has been loaded (on this particular camera).

I sent the following email to the eBay seller we purchased the camera from:

Hi... I purchased this unit about a month ago and I'm very happy with it... I loaded a newer version of firmware, and all is good but I'm curious to know if you can supply a copy of the V5.5.71 build 180725 firmware that came installed on the unit as I can't seem to find that version elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for your help,
John

I happy with the way my camera performs considering it is not mounted in an ideal location... If you are very happy with the smart tracking on your camera now, don't update the firmware until you/I can confirm you can go back to the old one.

I'll let you know when/if I get a reply from the vendor.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
While we wait... I assumed that by using the latest version MS Edge would work... which browser are you using?

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The point is you are happy with the firmware you're running... I will downgrade mine just to see if it's possible...

A real close buddy of mine moved out of NY to Paris years ago... now he moved from Paris to Portugal... I asked him why?... he said Portugal is the Florida of Europe... is that true? (It must be this guy never misses a beat)

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The point is you are happy with the firmware you're running... I will downgrade mine just to see if it's possible...

A real close buddy of mine moved out of NY to Paris years ago... now he moved from Paris to Portugal... I asked him why?... he said Portugal is the Florida of Europe... is that true? (It must be this guy never misses a beat)
Yes is true, good food and good weather in Portugal .

So, like was tell in hikvision website, i changed the firmware to V5.6.11_Build190426 first and then to V5.6.18_210428 and nothing was removed like some people reported that in the model Ds-2de4A425iw-de smart tracking option is missing. The language was changed to my country that also was nice.

Before changing the firmware its recommended to put the settings to default because memorized parameters could make conflict with new firmware.

Last edited:

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@johnfitz

When the hikvision cam start the feature smart tracking(intrusion detection) how to configure the time after a target(humans/vehicles) stopped moving?In my case, when tracking a target and it stop , the cam just lock the target about 5 seconds and then move to the preset position. I read a lot people with this problem and not found yet a solution…what im saying is the cam works as expected but i want more time when a human/vehicle stops.

@W4lki3 You found a solution?

I found one setting named “Park Time” in tasks, perhaps its this…

6E948EE8-C783-42D3-ACC6-EC4CDEF7BAFC.jpeg

Last edited:

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When the hikvision cam start the feature smart tracking(intrusion detection) how to configure the time after a target(humans/vehicles) stopped moving?In my case, when tracking a target and it stop , the cam just lock the target about 5 seconds and then move to the preset position. I read a lot people with this problem and not found yet a solution…what im saying is the cam works as expected but i want more time when a human/vehicle stops.
Yes, that does seem to be a problem most have with these cameras and I don't think anyone has found a solution :(

I found one setting named “Park Time” in tasks, perhaps its this…
Never noticed this "Park Time" setting before... there is another "Park Time" setting under the PTZ/Park Action menu... I wonder what this one you found under PTZ/Scheduled Tasks does? Have you tried changing it yet?

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, that does seem to be a problem most have with these cameras and I don't think anyone has found a solution :(

Never noticed this "Park Time" setting before... there is another "Park Time" setting under the PTZ/Park Action menu... I wonder what this one you found under PTZ/Scheduled Tasks does? Have you tried changing it yet?
In duration on ptz smart tracking menu i put “0” to tracking the target without time…in park action i put 60 seconds but the issue still appears, when a target stop the cam stay 5 seconds and then go to preset.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, the camera tracks motion, so when the motion stops, so does the tracking. Maybe one of these days manufacturers will allow that time to be set.

Many here get around it with many spotter cams so that if someone stops and then moves again, another cam will retrigger the PTZ.

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep, the camera tracks motion, so when the motion stops, so does the tracking. Maybe one of these days manufacturers will allow that time to be set.

Many here get around it with many spotter cams so that if someone stops and then moves again, another cam will retrigger the PTZ.
This issue also is present in Dahua?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, it is present in Dahua as well.

That video appears to be going to a preset and not tracking the car even when it stopped.

It should have zoomed in and instead it zoomed out, I suspect it is set up that if it tracks a vehicle to that point, then it moves to another preset and then tracks from there once the vehicle moves again.

trap3d

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, it is present in Dahua as well.

That video appears to be going to a preset and not tracking the car even when it stopped.

It should have zoomed in and instead it zoomed out, I suspect it is set up that if it tracks a vehicle to that point, then it moves to another preset and then tracks from there once the vehicle moves again.
Dahua also is that 5 seconds time or its more? and then return to a preset?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua also is that 5 seconds time or its more? and then return to a preset?
It is somewhere around that time, but I think it learns because mine seems to hang around for 10 seconds or so now in most instances.

But yes, autortrack PTZs once the tracking stops will either return to the preset it started at or with a VMS system you could tell it to go somewhere else.