Need info on good models and best place to buy...US version cameras

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am looking to buy some good 4mp or better Hikvision bullet cameras (10 of them) for outdoor use and 2 dome cameras for indoor use. I need them all POE.

Anyone have a suggestion on a model and best place to buy in the USA?

Not looking for grey market cameras, I want US versions.

Tha

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy some good 4mp or better Hikvision bullet cameras (10 of them) for outdoor use and 2 dome cameras for indoor use. I need them all POE.

Anyone have a suggestion on a model and best place to buy in the USA?

Not looking for grey market cameras, I want US versions.

Tha
BandH. Be prepared to pay a premium for the exact same camera.

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
BandH. Be prepared to pay a premium for the exact same camera.
Isnt there an issue with the intl version for updating firmware. etc? Im buying a dozen cameras so I want to make sure I dont cost myself in the longrun for getting cheap on the front end.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Isnt there an issue with the intl version for updating firmware. etc? Im buying a dozen cameras so I want to make sure I dont cost myself in the longrun for getting cheap on the front end.
There is a difference between International versions and China Region Hacked cameras. The Region hacked cams have firmware update issues', the International versions do not.
International versions are found here: Hikvision Global English Site

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, you are confusing chinese market cameras that often are not firmware upgradable and international cams that are always firmware upgradable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Whats the consensus on Acusense vs. ColorVU?
Acusense is their marketing term for human and vehicle AI.

ColorVu is their marketing term for a camera that only sees color. This camera will have AI.

But keep in mind ColorVu cameras are not magic and do not defy physics - ALL CAMERAS NEED LIGHT. You either need enough ambient light or be willing to use the built-in white LEDs and should you not be in a position to do either, then you need a camera with infrared capabilities. You cannot add IR after as the camera won't see it.

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Acusense is their marketing term for human and vehicle AI.

ColorVu is their marketing term for a camera that only sees color. This camera will have AI.

But keep in mind ColorVu cameras are not magic and do not defy physics - ALL CAMERAS NEED LIGHT. You either need enough ambient light or be willing to use the built-in white LEDs and should you not be in a position to do either, then you need a camera with infrared capabilities. You cannot add IR after as the camera won't see it.
Do the white LEDS stay on all the time when the ambient light is low? Should I look for an IR model instead?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do the white LEDS stay on all the time when the ambient light is low? Should I look for an IR model instead?
They are not motion sensor lights, so they are either on or off. So if you do not have enough ambient light and do not want to use the built-in white LED, then yes a camera with IR is a better choice.

SpacecoastBill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They are not motion sensor lights, so they are either on or off. So if you do not have enough ambient light and do not want to use the built-in white LED, then yes a camera with IR is a better choice.
Well, in that case, this might suit my needs....

DS-2CD2386G2-I(U)