Need hint on good cms for readynas surveillance on mac

mangebest

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I have the readynas system for surveillance and 11 cameras from Hikvision.
It works perfectly with the surveillance toolkit on a windows client but i can't seem to find any good software for my new mac.

I need to connect to my servers on the NAS, live view and recorded files from movement and so on.

Do you have any good ideas?
i thought of installing a virtual machine and run windows on it but i thought i asked you guys first.

best regards
Magnus

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There is only 1 vendor with any decent Mac support, and that is Dahua.. nobody else has any acceptable level of support.. Hikvision at least provides browser plugins for mac, which is more than most.. but still falls short.

I've done quite a bit of research, have not found anything out there that comes close to SmartPSS on OSX..

Dahua's support honestly could be better, OSX version is older and dont have all the same features as the windows client.. like hotkeys, ivs support, but its still miles ahead of anything else ive tried.

mangebest

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello again

i have played a bit with smartpss and i can view all my cameras.
i can't, though, view the recorded video on my Readynas. it is an app on the Readynas that is called readynas surveillance.
it stores the video on the NAS.
Is there a way to see the recorded video on my mac via smartpss?

There is a html wiever in the server but i just can't get JAVA to play the video.
If i could get this to work i wouldn't have to set up smartpss.

i would appreciate a tip

best regards
Magnus