Need help with setting up iPhone with push notification

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After purchasing a Dahua camera. I bought and installed Blue Iris on my PC. It works very well. I then purchased and installed the Blue Iris App for my iPhone so that I can get push notifications. I have tried and tried to get this working (and yes, I did read the help files, etc.!), but so far, no success. Is there another iPhone App that I can use to directly view AND set minor camera parameters, such as contrast, brightness, and motion detection zones, without going to the cloud? Alternatively, If someone can give me real help with configuring the Blue Iris App, this 80 year old 'stuck at home' senior would really appreciate it. By the way, customer support at Blue Iris was no help at all, which is very disappointing.

I hope someone in this forum can help with is. Stay healthy everyone!!!!

Vettester

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What specifically are you looking for in a push notification? As far as setting camera parameters this is best done via the camera's web based user interface.

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can not find any Dahua web interface that allows setting up of camera parameters. What I need is a simple way to get a notification on my cellphone when motion is deted by the camera and view the video. The Blue Iris app on my PC has a way of doing that in coordination with Blue Iris app on my phone, but I have had no success in setting that up. I have the Wyze app on my phone that works with a couple of Wyze cameras I installed a year ago. The Wyze app is useful for me as it lets me enable/disable the motion detection and notifycation, as well as viewing the motion detection event and also recorded video stored in the camera's memory card. Of course, the Wyze cameras' night-time color video is not useable in the low light situations around my house.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
these videos show how to set this up in detail.

Adrianus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What specifically are you looking for in a push notification? As far as setting camera parameters this is best done via the camera's web based user interface.
I finally got the notifications working (by reading and following the available instructions!!!). I have several Wyze cams that thru Blue Iris provide the push notification with 10 Sec Gif of the motion alert. I also have one Dahua camera that does cause a push notification of a motion alert, but it I do not get the 10 Sec Gif even though I did set that up in Blue Iris. Does anyone have a fix for this?