Need help with SD59225U-HNI PTZ.

Reaction score
I recently got this camera to replace a Foscam ptz.
Everything worked when I was at home. Now I am trying to access it from my phone apps and have problems.
With Lechange I always get a video stream, but when I tap the PTZ, half the time it does not connect, when it does connect there is a huge latency in the PTZ control. I did not experience this with the Foscam, so I do not think it is the network. Also when I run gDMSS I get failed to connect.
I am unable to get email notifications to work. Again this worked on the Foscam fine, I am using gmail.

Is there a better app I should be using? Is there a app/cloud service that will work better? I bought this as an upgrade from what I had, but everything worked correctly with my old camera.

Any help is appreciated

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Tinycam Pro, and setup a VPN.
Click wiki at top of page and read "How to secure your network."
Also, when on your phone be sure to view one of the substreams instead of the mainstream. Lot less data will be transferred this way.

Reaction score
I am not sure if I can even setup a VPN on my router, it is sort of an oddball it is a ATT supplied Pace 5268AC used for fixed wireless. Also I am not super technical, but I can try.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am not sure if I can even setup a VPN on my router, it is sort of an oddball it is a ATT supplied Pace 5268AC used for fixed wireless. Also I am not super technical, but I can try.
You can try viewing one of the substreams of the cam instead of the mainstream on your current setup, that will put less strain on things, and should help lessen the latency.
You can setup the substreams to your liking in the cameras setup.

Farmer D

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same exact router. From my limited research, you can't set up VPN with that router. I'd love to be proven wrong. I was thinking of setting up another router behind it and set up VPN through that router. Let me know if you find a better way!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the same exact router. From my limited research, you can't set up VPN with that router. I'd love to be proven wrong. I was thinking of setting up another router behind it and set up VPN through that router. Let me know if you find a better way!
You have to put the att router into bridge mode att calls it opening a pinhole, then add a router of your own that has vpn.
See if this thread helps:
I have a Pace 5268AC Router, how to put it in Bridge Mode?

Reaction score
Yeah I am thinking about doing that, I do not know alot about networking, but as I understand DMZ+ is as close to bridge mode as you can get with this router.

Any suggestions to solve the email notification problem? Also for motion detection, do the apps use the motion detection settings in the cam it'self, or their own motion detection?

Reaction score
So it turns out AT&T fixed does not support port forwarding or IP pasthrough. What are my options? P2P?