need help with a DS-2CD2732F-I, is it failing?

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just noticed one of our HIK camera showing a "red" color through out the picture/video.
Although later in the day it stopped (I don't know for how long). It's back doing it again this morning, I don't know for sure how long this has been happening. It does face the south so it gets a lot of sun.

What I'm wondering, is this camera failing and/or telling me it's about to fail?

I've tried changing just about every setting that would affect the video pic and noting changes it.

I attached a couple pics, one good and one bad.

Attachments

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Perhaps the IR filter is stuck. Hikvision should replace the camera if it's under 3 years old. I'd detach the camera and test it with a new cable, upgrade the firmware if possible. Try give it a firm tap when its glitching too.

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Perhaps the IR filter is stuck. Hikvision should replace the camera if it's under 3 years old. I'd detach the camera and test it with a new cable, upgrade the firmware if possible. Try give it a firm tap when its glitching too.
I'll give that a try, the only things I haven't tried is the physical access to the camera and a different cable. It's location makes it a bit more troublesome!
I think they're over 3yrs old ;/

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did go down with a "long" handled broom and wipe some spider webs away from the camera. I'll check next week to see how it looks, night pictures are somewhat blurred out also.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That is not related to the ir cut filter...that produces a different type of pink hue. Have your restarted it?

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I have restarted the camera several times, leaving it powered off longer each time.

bfordz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So far, so good; I got up to the camera and cleared away cob webs. I think the sun was reflecting off the web in front of the camera lens.