Need help to upgrade DS-2CD2355-I latest firmware

neocrap

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, I am a newbie on security camera and a couple of months ago I had installed a few of the DS-2CD2355-I cameras, recently I found out that this camera has backdoor access which is really concerning.
I have identified these cameras are Chinese hacked to English version, I have been googling around to find the update however no luck so far.

Does anyone know how to upgrade DS-2CD2355-I firmware to later version? My current firmware is V5.4.20 build 160726 which I believe it has the backdoor issue.

Much appreciated!

fstfrd50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Adjustments.jpg
Last firmware for that Hik cam which I also have uses 190923 available at hikvision website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Upgraded a hacked Chinese camera will more than likely brick it. With a properly set up network, where the camera can not access the internet will prevent the back door from being used.

This is what happened when you try to save money on cameras by buying Chinese hacked cameras, you send more money and time than you will ever save by buying crap. Buy from a quality known dealer.

neocrap

n3wb
Reaction score
I didnt realise that I bought a Chinese camera after I installed it months ago, currently I had the camera on a different vlan which has no access to internet but only local traffic.
I thought there is a way to patch the hole for peace of mind, anyway thanks for the advise.