Need help to choose outside Sensor for alarm

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,
I bought GSM alarm 433MHz,
I need recommends to choose outside sensor PIR.
I don't want to put the laser beam sensor in the window (this one),
I prefer PIR for outside, but I don't want the every tree/animal will trigger it.
I found these sensors,
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Remarkable-Pet-Friendly-wireless-outdoor-PIR-detector-pet-friendly-motion-detector-IP-65waterproof-outdoor-PIR-sensor/1078472_32363275253.html

And,
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/High-quality-wireless-Wireless-passive-curtain-infrared-detector-for-Alarm-Systems-PIR-sensors-curtain-PIR-detector/1078472_1890481477.html

What you say ?

Regards.

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for quick reply,
I don't live at USA, and I need it wireless 433Mhz.
The alarm I bought from aliexpress .

Regards.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for quick reply,
I don't live at USA, and I need it wireless 433Mhz.
The alarm I bought from aliexpress .

Regards.
Then contact the seller of the alarm to see what detectors will work with the system....I would not have too much confidence in an alarm system purchased on ali unless it was a name brand...

Chaoscript

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But the question is, if the thief is already inside my house what the alarm will help me ?

Regards.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But the question is, if the thief is already inside my house what the alarm will help me ?

Regards.
It will wake you up, text your phone and call the cops. Attaching it to an alarm system is asking for trouble...do you want to trigger your alarm every time some kids run through your yard?
You can use an external PIR to trigger cameras or notifications to your cell phone, but I would not connect it to trigger an alarm system. In general its way overkill.