need help getting BI to "discover" DVR cameras

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I reset the DVR. It shows The HTTP port is 80. Using BI discovery (with the LAN IP address included) shows "RTSP port detected". It also shows a Discovery/Media port as 8999.

I"ve attached 2 screen snapshots. I think I may be SOL. Any other ideas?

Would any port forwarding that I've done impact access to the stream on the DVR?

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That shows it found the stream, but you do not have a user and password on the setup screen?

Port Forwarding should not impact it in BI.

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That shows it found the stream, but you do not have a user and password on the setup screen?

Port Forwarding should not impact it in BI.
I took the password off to see if that might be an issue. Didn't alter the outcome so I've put it back on now.

Are the Media/video/RTSP port = 80
and the Discovery/ONVIF port = 8999 correct in this case?

Do I need any stream profile defined?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For kicks try 34567 for RSTP port. Maybe try the "camera" as CanTonk.

The stream profile if it populates something under the mainstream pulldown, then try it.

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I want to thank everyone for their help. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work. I also use IPCamViewer, and it too does not find a valid stream. It does provide a long list of potential streams to try. It will take some time to try them one-by-one. I'm not too optimistic, but worth a try. I must admit, I'm running out of steam. I thought that if I could view the DVR remotely, I should be able to find a port that I can access, but no luck.

For kicks try 34567 for RSTP port. Maybe try the "camera" as CanTonk.

The stream profile if it populates something under the mainstream pulldown, then try it.
I tried this, and it success in finding an RSTP port (as it did with other ports), but still no luck.

Thanks again. I'll report back if I am ever successful.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm going to film the burning of my Hikvision(nightowl) recorder, when I clean up the yard for Fall. But first I will crush it with a Sledgehammer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I reset the DVR. It shows The HTTP port is 80. Using BI discovery (with the LAN IP address included) shows "RTSP port detected". It also shows a Discovery/Media port as 8999.

I"ve attached 2 screen snapshots. I think I may be SOL. Any other ideas?

Would any port forwarding that I've done impact access to the stream on the DVR?
so After nerding Out for a few hours I figured it out and got my talking to BI. I am using the RTSP port and string to connect to all 10 of my Lorex cameras that are directly connected to my NVR 616. If anyone needs help feel free to hit me up.

Attachments

JeffCharger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
so After nerding Out for a few hours I figured it out and got my talking to BI. I am using the RTSP port and string to connect to all 10 of my Lorex cameras that are directly connected to my NVR 616. If anyone needs help feel free to hit me up.
way to go! You're certainly fortunate to find a solution. I came to the conclusion that my Dvr was just too old. I ended up putting in my "old" box of parts. When the pain has worn off, I may just pull it out again and see if some new tricks might work.

Thanks for the posting.