Need help finding compatible cameras for WBOX DVR

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I know this is not an IP system but I am trying to help someone find an outdoor camera for this WBOX DVR MODEL#OE-HD16C2TB.

The item was purchased through ADI but I cant seem to find any info related to compatible cameras and there support has not responded to my email.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Amazon states here that it uses "TVI, AHD, CVI, 960H & IP" cams, the first 3 being analog but each with its own tech.
I don't recommend a dome or bullet, this eyeball type is closest to turret style and is rated not too bad, is 4-in-1 (TVI/AHD/CVS/CVBS analog) and is vari-focal (set zoom in/out at cam to suit then leave it).

You'll need siameze (BNC video + 12V power) cable of appropriate length and a 12VDC UL- listed wall wart (with 5.5mm outside x 2.1mm inside, center + and collar -).

I have not used these cams but if you try from amazon and don't destroy how its packaged you can return.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe you should help nudge your friend to migrate to a new IP system. Makes very little sense in propping up 1980 technology even though the industry has really pushed the limits of analog.

Being extremely cheap in terms hardware per unit the only other real benefit is live video . . .

For those lacking any networking related skills or wanting to keep it simple I understand.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
Stick with a TVI, AHD, or CVI of at least 1080P (avoid the old 960H CVBS/composite video ) and he may be happy enough to "get bit by the bug" and want to upgrade later to a nice IP setup!
Details are vague but it may actually work with at least one IP cam of 2MP/1080p.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Got it, so there are actually standard technoligies for these analog systems so you just have to match the cameras technology with that of the DVR.
I was aware of the one dahua uses (HDCVI) but not the others.

Thank you for the help guys