Need Audio Related Advice on my new Dahua NVR2116-I NVR.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've upgraded my security camera installation. The old system was based on a Samsung AHD DVR that worked well, but I've outgrown its eight camera limitations.

The new system is a Dahua NVR2116-I NVR, 16 port 4K Wizsense Intelligent series. The new IP Cameras are Amcrest and Dahua POE, mostly 5MP. The Dahua NVR is running System Version 4.001.0000000.0, dated 2020-07-29.

Setting up the Dahua NVR was a pleasant experience. The GUI is intuitive and works well. But a couple of audio related features (that I often used on my SamSung DVR) appear to be missing on the Dahua NVR. As follows:

1. When using browser access to the NVR, I do not hear audio while realtime viewing a camera. There's no controls for audio, except for the talk button that appears when I hover at the top of the camera view. However, when I review recorded video clips the audio control (Speaker Icon) is present and I can hear audio just fine. So it seems I need advice on how to enable "realtime" audio when using browser access.

2. I have the NVR's desktop GUI showing nine cameras. Nothing special about that, except with my old Samsung I could mouse-click a camera view and it would become highlighted. This would enable audio for that camera. On the Dahua, when I mouse click a camera view it becomes highlighted (with a green border) too. But I don't hear audio. Instead I have to double click and view just one camera to hear audio. That's not quite what I want, I prefer to hear audio while multiple cameras are in view. Hopefully there is a way to do that.

BTW, all cameras are equipped with microphones. And as mentioned, recorded video has audio during playback. And I can hear real-time audio from the desktop NVR when I view each camera.

- Thomas

Last edited:

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Item #2 (see above) had a simple remedy. When using the desktop GUI's 8-camera view the large window (top left cam) has audio. I prefer seeing nine cameras but I can live with the eight camera workaround.

- Thomas

Last edited:

Ubaid Masood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
1609866942324.png

1609866977426.png

1609867042409.png

User I.E browser and which ever you will choose for single split should enable audio

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. But the audio codec settings have been configured. All cameras are currently set for AAC/16K, but I have also tried G.711U/8K.

I have audio during local single camera and 8-camera live view mode. Local Playback has audio. But no audio in 9-camera live view. No audio in remote (browser) live view, even with only a single camera. But remote "search" playback has audio. All these details are in my previous posts.

- Thomas