Need an opinion on Hikvision PTZ motor motion

Jurko

n3wb
Reaction score
I need an opinion from people with experience with Hikvision PTZ cams.
I just received a new Hikvision DS-2DE5425IW-AE... 4MP... 25x optics. And I'm not exactly pleased at the smoothness of pan and tilt when zoomed in.

The motors move a bit choppy... not sure how exactly to describe it.. They don't move with one continuous motion... with same speed, it's more like: ....slow-slow-slow-fast(jump)-slow-slow-slow-fast(jump)-....and so on

Previously I had experience with a lot of various no name Chinese cams some had smoother motion but developed the choppiness over years of usage....

So I guess I'm wondering if this is how Hikvision pan-tilt motors usually move. Or is this potentially a refurbished cam that has been used(meaning that this is a sign of wear and tear)?!

I recorded an example of me trying to manually follow a ferry. I'm using the native web interface and just holding the PTZ right button at Hikvision speed setting 3 and 4 (slow and middle) ... all while at max zoom... "Enable Proportional Pan" is turned on...

Here is the video:

GCoco

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a 5220 and it does the same thing. Never really noticed it before since I don’t track anything.