Need Advice on IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam IVS Settings

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have a Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M 2MP "Boobie" (dual sensor) camera that I bought from Andy's recent refurb sale. I'm using it on a Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2. Installation was hassle-free and both camera views are visible.

My plan is to use it at the front door. One image sensor will look forward for face detection alerts and the other will point down for package alerts using IVS abandoned object.

But I've run into a snag. I cannot enable smart plan for both sensors at the same time. I can only choose one. Once one is configured the other is grayed out. I've tried setting smart plan from the NVR as well as from the camera itself.

So this suggests that I can't have face detection and abandoned object at the same time. But I'm hoping that the issue is my settings and not a limitation of the camera. Long story short, I need advice on how to enable the smart plan function for both sensors at the same time.

BTW, for testing I've deleted all other camera channels, only the HDBW4231F is enabled. But this brings up another question. How many Dahua IVS smart plan cameras does the NVR5216-16P-4KS2 support at the same time? Unfortunately the datasheet and manual don't provide these little details.

- Thomas

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is a known issue with the 2MP boobie cam - you can only do IVS on one camera.

That was fixed with the 4MP boobie cam.

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's unfortunate news. Too bad the data sheets don't mention this; would have prevented me from choosing the 2MP camera.

- Thomas