Need a new NVR - No Grey Market - Thoughts?

Reaction score
I have had a Hik DS-7108-SN/P for several years but for the past few months I can see it is nearing it's end.
It was a grey market I picked up at amazon 7 years ago or so.. I reset to factory a several weeks ago and now I can't find a firmware to put it back to the way it was..
One of the members here offered a firmware version that brought it back to English but this also introduced a few issues.
  • PTZ cam controls not working
  • Time on 8 cameras all different (what is really odd is not only the time but for example I have three cameras where I can see a certain portion of the front street on all.. when a car goes by on one it won't go by the other cam view for 20 seconds or whatever the time difference is on that cam)

I have eight cams in total..
3 - Hik DS-2CD2032-I
2 - Hik WH-CI3020
2 - Mini PTZ 10x
1 - InesunHKIPCAM

All connect to this DS-7108-SN/P NVR using the default Hikvision protocol and plug and play. nothing fancy

I saw this NVR on the store page here at ipcamtalk.. 8 Channel POE Plug-N-Play 4K NVR @ $239.99 and was wondering if it would work with the cameras above.
I also like the 2-drive system as I have an extra 4TB WD purple I could add.
Would it ship to Canada?

Thanks

PS - Just for info.. I live a few miles away from the geographical center of Canada East/West and about 3 hours north of Grand Forks North Dakota..
All the cameras listed above have worked without a glitch for over six years winter or summer.
I am particularly impressed in the winter as it gets pretty darn cold up here for 3 months of the year.. typically -30 to -35 Celcius with wind chills often in the -40's for weeks on end.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had a Hik DS-7108-SN/P for several years but for the past few months I can see it is nearing it's end.
It was a grey market I picked up at amazon 7 years ago or so.. I reset to factory a several weeks ago and now I can't find a firmware to put it back to the way it was..
One of the members here offered a firmware version that brought it back to English but this also introduced a few issues.
  • PTZ cam controls not working
  • Time on 8 cameras all different (what is really odd is not only the time but for example I have three cameras where I can see a certain portion of the front street on all.. when a car goes by on one it won't go by the other cam view for 20 seconds or whatever the time difference is on that cam)

I have eight cams in total..
3 - Hik DS-2CD2032-I
2 - Hik WH-CI3020
2 - Mini PTZ 10x
1 - InesunHKIPCAM

All connect to this DS-7108-SN/P NVR using the default Hikvision protocol and plug and play. nothing fancy

I saw this NVR on the store page here at ipcamtalk.. 8 Channel POE Plug-N-Play 4K NVR @ $239.99 and was wondering if it would work with the cameras above.
I also like the 2-drive system as I have an extra 4TB WD purple I could add.
Would it ship to Canada?

Thanks

PS - Just for info.. I live a few miles away from the geographical center of Canada East/West and about 3 hours north of Grand Forks North Dakota..
All the cameras listed above have worked without a glitch for over six years winter or summer.
I am particularly impressed in the winter as it gets pretty darn cold up here for 3 months of the year.. typically -30 to -35 Celcius with wind chills often in the -40's for weeks on end.
Hi @DaveFromPeg

You should look for a Hikvision OEM NVR to replace a Hikvision OEM NVR with Hikvision OEM cameras.

Or

You can run Hikvision's VMS ( IVS-4500 ? ) on a PC + a PoE switch

Or

3rd party VMS ( like Blue Iris ) on a PC + a PoE switch ( a lot of fans here on that setup )