Need a camera recommendation

dubb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
my business is currently wired for the analog bnc cctv cameras.

I saw that dahua sells a passive converter that converts the analog to ip for $15 on bhvideo
Dahua TechnologyRJ45 to BNC EoC Passive Converter (Pair)

I need to replace the camera with a new one.

This camera, even though it is HD, currently faces the parking lot but the main problem is that when people run by it, the video recording of their face is blurry.

The lights are on in the parking lot during the night time too.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
afaik, the Dahua converter only works with their cameras that have the special circuitry required to run over coax, and it gets converted back to RJ45 ethernet at the other end (switch or NVR)... IE: you can't just put one on just any IP cam and use the existing analog DVR with it.

So you can't (easily) add an IP cam to an existing coax NVR/DVR, unless that unit supports IP cams (hybrid of some sort). What brand/model of DVR is currently in use with the analog cams?

You might just add a parallel IP system, new NVR and IP cams (use the Dahua's with adapters if needed to use existing coax wires, but it's still IP).
and you may be able to pull the streams from the existing DVR into the NVR as a network camera(s) so you only need to monitor the new IP NVR...

dubb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
afaik, the Dahua converter only works with their cameras that have the special circuitry required to run over coax, and it gets converted back to RJ45 ethernet at the other end (switch or NVR)... IE: you can't just put one on just any IP cam and use the existing analog DVR with it.

So you can't (easily) add an IP cam to an existing coax NVR/DVR, unless that unit supports IP cams (hybrid of some sort). What brand/model of DVR is currently in use with the analog cams?

You might just add a parallel IP system, new NVR and IP cams (use the Dahua's with adapters if needed to use existing coax wires, but it's still IP).
and you may be able to pull the streams from the existing DVR into the NVR as a network camera(s) so you only need to monitor the new IP NVR...
Yeah i know. Thats why I posted this in the dahua section. I will be changing out the dvr eventually with a pc running blue iris.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can get to the configuration page of that camera with blurry faces, try increasing the shutter speed. It may "bridge" you over 'til spring rather than working on it in winter.

dubb

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you can get to the configuration page of that camera with blurry faces, try increasing the shutter speed. It may "bridge" you over 'til spring rather than working on it in winter.
I don’t think it has a configuration page. The dvr only lets me set the recording fps.
And I live in California. We have no winters.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
The basic idea is, though, that it's a shutter speed problem. I guess it's kind of on the "older" side of things and, since your area doesn't have winter, go for it and replace it with a decent PoE.