Need a bullet for monitoring a parked boat

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a boat in a small fenced area (25' x 15') that I want to monitor that will have a boat parked in it. I'll feed the video from the cam into BI with CPAI so it can notify me of anyone that gets inside the pen it's located in. Distance will be approximately 60'. Boat will be fully illuminated at night with a dedicated flood light so I want to run full color.

Been out of the game for a bit. What bullet would be recommended nowadays?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not much has changed at that distance.

Either the 5442-Z4E or the 5241E-Z12E or a PTZ

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
In case you did not see it, Andy will be having a sale in a week or two

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
The streetlights by my place have been out at least the five years I've been living here. We've been told they won't be fixing any of the old HPS fixtures but replacing them with white LED streetlights. But no one can say when that will be so I'm bringing back two 19,500 lumen streetlights that I'm going to mount on poles on my property and project them into the street. lol

Cold white light which I find to be far better for recording. This in addition to the solar powered reflectors I have mounted to my house.

The Color4K/X is doing well with the solar reflectors but adding 19,500 lumens to the street where it records should allow me to bring the shutter down to 8ms or even 6ms at night. That will bring out some excellent detail! And the light will, hopefully, made the bad guys think twice about passing by.