NanoStation m5 config

LOLA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello guys.
Time ago i install four (CAM2-CAM5) Hika IP cameras and watch them remotely without any problems. Few days ago i install CAM1 with Nanostation m5 antenas and i cant get this CAM1 to work in NVR. If i connect laptop directly to NVR with wire and change same subnet as CAM1, then i can see live video- works perfect, but in NVR this camera don't show up. I think i did something wrong in Nano station. Can anybody help me with Nanostation config to get new CAM1 in NVR?

NVR- DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P

Nano station.JPG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1) Did you configure the m5 radios as per ==>> airMAX - How to Configure a Point-to-Point Link (Layer 2, Transparent Bridge)

2) Is m5 radio with IP 192.168.1.11 plugged into an NVR POE port?

3) Are cams 2 through 5 also plugged into NVR POE ports?

If i connect laptop directly to NVR with wire and change same subnet as CAM1, then i can see live video- works perfect, but in NVR this camera don't show up.
4) What port on the NVR are you plugging the laptop into....LAN or a camera POE port?

Last edited:

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think the IP ranges are causing the problems here, depending on the answer of 2 above.

This reply is valid as long the the Nanostation is NOT connected to the POE ports of the NVR.
Keep the camera and Nanostations on the same subnet as the NVR (the LAN side of it) (193.168.8.x).

LOLA

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi TonyR and genelit.
1)Looks like yes.

2)Yes one of the antenna is connected directly to the NVR PoE port

3)Yes CAM2,CAM3,CAM4,CAM5 is also connected directly to NVR PoE ports

4)Laptop with NVR connected with POE port

LOLA

n3wb
Reaction score
If my NVR ip is 192.168.8.60 can you suggest IP and gateway for IP camera and nanostation?
IP Cam - IP and gateway?
Nanostation 1 IP and gateway? (whos connected with IP Cam)
Nanostation 2 IP and gateway? (whos connected with NVR in POE port)

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nano 1, 192.168.8.100
Nano 2, x.x.8.101
Camera x.x.8.110

Gateway 192.168.8.1 (router)

Edit: disconnect the nano from the nvr and keep it your normal LAN! Then you can use the bridge for APs or whatever more you want.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If my NVR ip is 192.168.8.60 can you suggest IP and gateway for IP camera and nanostation?
IP Cam - IP and gateway?
Nanostation 1 IP and gateway? (whos connected with IP Cam)
Nanostation 2 IP and gateway? (whos connected with NVR in POE port)
Sorry, went to VA for blood test and then let Walmart take the swelling out of my wallet!

Do exactly what @genelit said and put both Nanostations, CAM1 and the NVR's LAN port all on the same subnet, then plug the Nano that's closest to NVR into LAN of NVR (via network switch on LAN OK); don't plug the Nano into NVR POE port.

ron351

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I always use the injector with the 24v or 48v to antenna, and from my network switch to the network RJ45 plug on the injector. Then at far end do the same with injector for power to the antenna and network side to a poe switch. Then cameras branch out from the poe switch. You don't want to connect it to the NVR because the NVR creates it's own ip addresses like 10.10.1.0 I always make the cameras static ip addresses to the lan network.