My Hikvision NVR won't finish detecting a brand new Hikvision NVR.

thsears

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased a brand new Hikvision DS-2CD2453G2-IS POE camera from B&H. I thought I could just plug in to my Hikvision NVR POE port and it would detect it and whatnot and I would be fine. But it never finishes detecting it.

This is my 5th camera, the other 4 work fine. If I power it up and connect it to my network (not using the NVR). the SADP tool sees it and report it as inactive (albeit, what seems to be default IP add. values).

Additionally, I posted recently about my other 4 cameras not being seen, and (as members of this forum kindly advised) a reset on each camera (laborious task) brought them all back online properly.

Should I have to do the reset process on this camera?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks,

I'l do that, I just have to figure out where the reset button on this camera is!
Specs say it has one and also says it has an microSD card so look for a door to that SD card and there the button might be hiding.
=OR=
Page 72 of the User Manual says you can log into cam's webGUI, go to Configuration → System → Maintenance → Upgrade & Maintenance and click Restore or Default according to your needs.