My Experiment with Analogue from HikVision IP Cams

Joe

n3wb
Reaction score
I am an enthusiast (hobbyist) with CCTV, and use them around my home. IP cameras are great, but there is always going to be some lag in live viewing. I am trying to get analogue video from some HikVision IP cameras for a few reasons. One reason is the lag, I want to see the person ring my door bell as it rings, not a second or half second later (it's like watching a moving with the sound out of sync :mad-new:). Another reason is that getting live viewing from multiple IP cameras has proven frustrating at this point (I've tried PCs, and two NVRs (One being a HikVision DS-7108N-SN/P). Another reason is just for fun. On the fun note, I have BNC cables already run for and old analogue system, and DVRs too.

Here Is the idea/plan: [Remember this is a hobby for me, so don't try this on you own, unless you can afford to wreck a camera]

First up a DS-2CD2732F-IS. I thought would be somewhat easy as it has a internal analogue connector to help with installation. My plan was to plug into that and use two of the alarm out wires then connect a BNC connector to the outside. This would get the signal out if the camera housing without making any non-reversible changes to the camera, or it's IP66 rated housing. I was all set to unplug the internal micro-connector to do this when I found the micro connector is on the bottom of the circuit board and I would have to totally disassemble the whole camera to get to the micro connector. So that is on pause for now. Also there are eight wires in the connector (four for the alarm, and four for a microphone), I need to know what colour wire comes out where on the outside connectors. The last little thing I was unhappy to discover what that the test port inside this camera seems to put out only a 480i signal. It's a 3MP camera, I was hopping for something much better. The port is just to help with the install, so I guess that's why.

Second a DS-2CD2532F-IS. On this model there is no 'testing port', but I figure the camera has to connect to the encoding board someplace. I removed an internal black plastic 'shield' by unscrewing three screws. (I removed my micro SD card first). The little bag of moisture thingees fell away, I will put it back when done. I also took care not the tear off the microphone glued to this shield). Now the camera's internal connectors are all easily visible . On J1 it seems to be Ethernet and Power Adapter in. JP1 is the Microphone. JP2 is unused. JP3 looks like the Alarm. JP4 looks like the Camera signal and power. I am guessing a bunch of tiny wires encased in a black shield are for the IRs, but I can see where these start or go. So now I need to figure out of the four wires on JP4 which two I need. I have brown, red, black and green. I can only guess red and black are power, and green is ground. So I guess I need Brown and green? Any help? and ideas?

I also have a DS-2CD2135F-IS. Those are all installed so I'm not messing with those until I am done with the ones I have to work with right now.

I am also trying to figure out how to add (attach) such tiny wires without really altering the cameras. Maybe I can make my own splitting connectors? I found this post to be a little inspiring.

Any help would be great. I wish I could get schematics for what each connector is for, and how its wired, that would make it all so easy. :rolleyes: I know you guys will want photos, and I will try to get some later. :cool:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you hit a dead end and want a camera that provides composite video out, look at the Dahua IPC-HDBW5421. All connections are inside the camera..there is no pigtail. This is also a good option for folks who dont want a pigtail.
What is the issue you have with live view of multiple cameras?